LG gh22np20 Dual Layer Issues?

vbimport

I have been using my LG gh22np20 to back up personal info with Memmorex Dual Layers. I had success with 2-3 disks. After that, I get an I/O error. Usually burns about 8-10 min, then all of a sudden thats it. I am using DVD Decrypter. My Burner is fully updated on the firmware. Regular 4.7 DVD R+/- i have no issues. My burner was manufactured last July. Any insight?

I suggest to use better media :slight_smile:

Too bad, the only manufacturer that produces good quality DL discs is Verbatim. All other brands have a wide variability in quality from ugly to rather decent. Memorex is on the ugly side of the range :frowning:

[QUOTE=geno888;2218084]I suggest to use better media :slight_smile:

Too bad, the only manufacturer that produces good quality DL discs is Verbatim. All other brands have a wide variability in quality from ugly to rather decent. Memorex is on the ugly side of the range :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for tip. Ya i like verbatim so much better. a buddy of mine also suggested that i burn at a slower speed. my problem is that when i set dvd decrypter to 2x or 2.4 its going at 4x. that could be an issue. btw, hows this program i hear about called IMGBURN?

I suggest to get a more updated burning software (DVd Decrypter is not more updated by years).

ImgBurn is certainly an excellent option (it is actually my suggestion :iagree:)

btw, the burning speeds available for a specific media are determined by the firmware, not the burning software. Reducing a bit the burning speed can improve results, but it cannot transform a bad disc into a good one. The main solution is still to get some Verbatim media :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2218236]I suggest to get a more updated burning software (DVd Decrypter is not more updated by years).

ImgBurn is certainly an excellent option (it is actually my suggestion :iagree:)

btw, the burning speeds available for a specific media are determined by the firmware, not the burning software. Reducing a bit the burning speed can improve results, but it cannot transform a bad disc into a good one. The main solution is still to get some Verbatim media :)[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. I hardly beleive its a hardware issue with my burner, considering it burns dvd-r no problem. i can burn vebatim and sony, and maxell, and phillips no problem at 16x. memorex dvdrs i can only burn at 8x. anything higher than that then they skip. so the answer is clear. i really appreciated. i’ll try another. if the problem continues. then i’ll know where to go :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: