LG - GH22N320 cannot read anything

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH22L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]

Dear All,

Today i bought myself a new sata burner LG -GH22N320. After plugging in all the necessary stuff including the Sata power cable and the sata cable. I booted up Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and windows start installing the drivers. It install successfully according to vista.

The problems starts when i pop a cd into it and it will not read and even cause windows explorer to hang if i try to close it. I tried dvd and the same results occurred. Once in a blue moon, the autoplay would start but it would soon hang.

System Specs as below:

RAM: 2 gig ram
Processor: AMD 64 X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 5200+
Motherboard: Asus M2N VM DVI
Hdd: 1 Sata Hard Disk(windows partition) and 1 PATA hard disk

Can you guys point me some direction on how to make my brand new dvd burner work?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do this happen when you insert in the drive a burned disc or the system hangs also with pressed discs?

If this happen only with burned discs, the culprit could be the disc itself. Often a burned disc (mostly if it is a low quality disc) can be difficult to read.

Thanks for the welcome and to answer you,no. The first disc that i tried is a LG’s oem software disc. I also tried both burned and pressed disc too,same thing happen.

Thanks , i solved my problem by changing my sata to AHCI and it worked.

Excellent :smiley:

Thanks for posting the solution :slight_smile: