LG GH22LP20 Won\'t burn DVDs, only CDs in Mac G4

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG GH22LP20. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I recently replaced a Sony dvd burner with the LG and ran a patchburn to make sure it was recognized by my G4. In ‘about this mac’ under burning, it said that the drive indeed was supported (vendor supported). I then proceeded to burn a couple of cds with Toast with no problem. However when i try and burn a dvd using Toast, it seems to go through the motions but when it gets to “writing dvd” it just freezes up and the green light on the drive goes off. I have to force quit toast to get my dvd out, but by then the dvd is just a coaster because it does burn a ‘lead-in’ (or something minor) onto it. Anyone with any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I’m having the same problem with the new LG GH22LP20 that I bought recently, to replace another LG dvd burner.

It reads CD/DVD, but it only burns CD’s. I have a Power mac G4. i’ve tried the Patchburn, but it doesn’t make a difference. I use Toast, but tried other dvd burner softwares, with no results… It starts burning the dvd, but it stays on 0%, and freezes. I’ve ruined a lot of blank dvd’s trying to solve the problem… :frowning:

I’ve been looking for more information on foruns, but didn’t find anything untill now. Anyway, i’m going to keep searching for a solution!..

I have replaced the original burners in my G4 and G5 with Pioneer burners and they are great

[QUOTE=gingerbread;2148237]I’m having the same problem with the new LG GH22LP20 that I bought recently, to replace another LG dvd burner.

It reads CD/DVD, but it only burns CD’s. I have a Power mac G4. i’ve tried the Patchburn, but it doesn’t make a difference. I use Toast, but tried other dvd burner softwares, with no results… It starts burning the dvd, but it stays on 0%, and freezes. I’ve ruined a lot of blank dvd’s trying to solve the problem… :frowning:

I’ve been looking for more information on foruns, but didn’t find anything untill now. Anyway, i’m going to keep searching for a solution!..[/QUOTE]

I have this exact problem. Patchburn didn’t seem to do the trick. Was this problem ever solved?