LG gh22lp20 Disc Read problems

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH22L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda][SIZE=“3”][SIZE=“4”]I recently purchase a LG GH22LP20 22x Super-Multi DVD±RW/RAM as an OEM from neeg.
here is the linkhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136147
hopefully that help with any missing info.

Running windows xp pro version 2002 service pack 3 amd athlon xp 2200+ 1.6ghz 512mb

so i add this unti as a master drive. I was able to RECORD dvd’s with IMGBURN but unable to play it. I tried it in my other dvd drive which is a NEC DV-5800c and it plays fine. so i know its not my computer itself but the dvdrw drive. when i put the same dvd in the new LG dvd burner drive it would open the folder with audio_ts and video_ts but the files are missing saying the files are unreadable or corrupted.

when i put in a dvd it would say “dvd-rom” but when i put it in my other dvd drive the disc would say “dvd” is that normal??

also my driver date for my dvd burner says “7/1/2001” isnt that too old?
you guys have any ideas on what the problem might be?:confused:[/SIZE][/SIZE]

try lowering burn speed mine will not play if i burn above 10x.

I am having the same issue, purchased and installed same unit today, it will not read any CD/DVDs. The system recognized the new device, I can see it in My Computer but it doesn’t work!!!

[QUOTE=dkt50154;2238866][B]I am having the same issue[/B], purchased and installed same unit today, it will not read any CD/DVDs. The system recognized the new device, I can see it in My Computer but it doesn’t work!!![/QUOTE]

Nope, that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP issues.
Post more info.

Your drive doesnt even work, his drive does.

[QUOTE=vnyce928;2110349][qanda]
also my driver date for my dvd burner says “7/1/2001” isnt that too old?
you guys have any ideas on what the problem might be?:confused:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Driver is unimportant, try burning slower.

[QUOTE=dkt50154;2238866]I am having the same issue, purchased and installed same unit today, it will not read any CD/DVDs. The system recognized the new device, I can see it in My Computer but it doesn’t work!!![/QUOTE]

I was having this issue with my Sony Drive, so i updated the firmware and it worked, untill reboot. So i thought it was the drive itself.

So i purchased said drive (LG GH22lp20) thinking it would fix the problem, it did not.

Windows found the new hardware, but it still does not work, i can see it in my computer, when empty it says DVD ram drive, when a CD/DVD is inserted it says “CD ROM DRIVE(F)”.

Ive tried making it Primary IDE Master, Primary IDE SLAVE, Secondard master, secondary slave,

Still having this problem.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: The Drive[B] DOES[/B] work in bios/startup/boot. Tested with windows XP CD.

[QUOTE=dkt50154;2238866]I am having the same issue, purchased and installed same unit today, it will not read any CD/DVDs. The system recognized the new device, I can see it in My Computer but it doesn’t work!!![/QUOTE]

Have you found an answer, I am having simialr problem. If u have found a solution, can u advice me. Thanks in advance.
Boltonlad.