LG GH20NS10 Sata versus NS15(chipset Renesas?)

vbimport

Hello,
I´m a proud owner of a LG GH20NS15 Sata and I wonder if has the same Renesas chipset that GH20NS10 which a few friends of mine told me that was very good for burn cd´s!I did a search on Google and LG site and I couldn´t found the chipset.Anyone may help me?I guess both drivers share the same chipset but I want to be sure! The model is the same GH20:rolleyes:

Maybe you should not only search in google, but here too
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/lg-dvdrw-gh20ns15-247745/

OK,thank you.BTW,how good LG drivers are in comparison with Asus or Lite on?

[QUOTE=nbaptista;2093388]OK,thank you.BTW,how good LG drivers are in comparison with Asus or Lite on?[/QUOTE]

By drivers, do you mean firmware? If so, LG have been slacking on that front recently, preferring to release a newer model drive instead :frowning:

But on the upside, the Renesas LGs are generally great drives straight out of the box. I’ve been very happy with all mine (currently an E10N, and H62N, both Renesas) :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2093457]By drivers, do you mean firmware? If so, LG have been slacking on that front recently, preferring to release a newer model drive instead :frowning:
[/QUOTE]
Sorry,I mean drives!The seller told me that LG recorders were better than Asus!Do you think so?

Sorry, I never owned an Asus.

But LG burners are excellent, as long as you feed them with quality media.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2093485]

But LG burners are excellent, as long as you feed them with quality media.[/QUOTE]
what is quality media?

Like Verbatim (MCC) or Taiyo Yuden Media.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2093485]Sorry, I never owned an Asus.

But LG burners are excellent, as long as you feed them with quality media.[/QUOTE]

I second that the lg is an immense burner as long as u dont feed it crap i had a GH20NS15 which was dead so i cant comment on that atm , but i got a GH20NS10 though its like lightening :slight_smile: , theres another post somewhere which points out the NS15 is a renesas chipset aswell

But LG drives don´t make error scanning?

[QUOTE=nbaptista;2093863]But LG drives don´t make error scanning?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no.

BTW,why error sacnning is so important?I don´t know very well what it ii ,sorry!