LG GH20N/L : Post your scans and questions here

[QUOTE=labo_2000;2116287]ok, did you means that old benq drivers are better CD scanners ?[/QUOTE]Yeah, those older BenQ drives that you see everyone scanning with [1620?, 1640, 1650, 1655] are better CD scanners than MediaTek DVD drives in most cases. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2116306]Yeah, those older BenQ drives that you see everyone scanning with [1620?, 1640, 1650, 1655] are better CD scanners than MediaTek DVD drives in most cases. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree 110% :iagree:
Which Speed ??? :confused:

[QUOTE=Albert;2116306]Yeah, those older BenQ drives that you see everyone scanning with [1620?, 1640, 1650, 1655] are better CD scanners than MediaTek DVD drives in most cases. :)[/QUOTE]

ok thanks , i have a benq dw1620, i will use it for cd scanning , and for dvd scanning i will use my liteon
thanks again

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2116500]I agree 110% :iagree:
Which Speed ??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I usually do 16x or 24x, and 40x or 48x on my 1640 :slight_smile: [for audio or for data, respectively].

[QUOTE=Albert;2116653]I usually do 16x or 24x, and 40x or 48x on my 1640 :slight_smile: [for audio or for data, respectively].[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Albert :slight_smile:

Do these newer Renasis-based drives support P-CAV burning at all?

I remember the older LG drives having some of the fastest 16x burns because of the P-CAV write strategy. Is this still the case?

What is the newest firmware for this drive?

Also is the newer 22x LG drive (GH22LS30) Renasis based? Please forgive the myriad of questions; Thanks for the help.

Check the scans. They show that the Renesas drives appear to still use P-CAV/the faster Z-CLV. :slight_smile:

As far as whether the other drive is a Renesas drive or not, I’m not sure…

The 22x PATA drives have been Panasonic, but that’s not saying much.

[QUOTE=adelphia83;2119765]Also is the newer 22x LG drive (GH22LS30) Renasis based?[/QUOTE]
GH22xy20 and GH22xy30 use a Panasonic chipset.

Without F.W update and coming out another New Model :disagree:
PASS on this ( LG GH22LS30 ) :iagree:

Hi !

I swear - never again i will buy EMTEC DVD+R Double Layer.:Z

Medium used: EMTEC DVD+R DL 8x :a
burned with GH20NS15
scanned with: Samsung SH 202N
(I originally wanted to scan it with my Philips but it refused to read the disk)

Quite a funny difference between 1st und 2nd layer … :eek:

Very usual result with Emtec DVD+R DLs.
Are these made in Macao?
Could you please post a picture of the disc and the hub/stamper codes? :flower:

Here are the pics !
As the hub code is engraved transparently on a transparent background i can not read nor identify it (although i am quite proud of my eyesight)

Yes, the damned thing :Zwas made in Macao.

[QUOTE=El_Coyote;2140915]Here are the pics !
As the hub code is engraved transparently on a transparent background i can not read nor identify it (although i am quite proud of my eyesight)

Yes, the damned thing :Zwas made in Macao.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

Can you read the stamper code on the writing side of the disc? It’s on the dye.
Maybe it’s something like “DPRDL 18 L0 RC3 …” :flower:

Sorry. The DVD is already buried deep in the trashbin.

Ge20lu10 external usb drive, TY +R nedia 16x burned at 12x.

TY +R 8x (cheap blue disc, from disc impex) burned at 8x, great result:bow:.
Perfect TRT.

Maxell +R 16x @ 12x
Perfect TRT.

Maxell -R 16x selected speed was 8x, but the drive decided to got down to 6x:eek: and as usual perfect TRT.

[QUOTE=vroom;2142745]Maxell -R 16x selected speed was 8x, but the drive decided to got down to 6x:eek: and as usual perfect TRT.[/QUOTE]
The drive seems “sensitive” to buffer underruns, doesn’t it? :eek:

Nevertheless, some good burns. :slight_smile:

Yes Albert, i will try it in another USB port to see if it makes any difference, but the drive burns even better than i expected.