Lg gh20ls15

vbimport

Just installed a new LG GH20LS15 that I picked up yesterday and it reads discs with no issue, but any time I try to burn a disc it begins caching files and just hangs, software locks up and I have to do a hard reset on this box to recover. Tried with Nero 6, DVDShrink and ImgBurn and all 3 have the same error - am I missing something here?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It seems an issue caused by a very low quality disc that makes the burner hang when attempting to write on the disc.

What discs are you using? Can you try again with a good quality disc to see if this solve? A Verbatim is an excellent choice :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick response!

These particular discs I know are lower quality, Nexxtech single layer media that I got previously because they always worked flawlessly in my last burner for general AVI and MP3 storage.

Is there any way to get this burner to work with that media that you know of, ie lowering the write speed or something? I have some Verbatim and some Sony discs around here somewhere, I’ll try those and see if that corrects the issue.

Usually updating the firmware is helpful to improve writing quality, but no drive can transform a bad disc into a good one :frowning:

About the burning speed, trying to reduce it slightly can help too :slight_smile: