LG GH20LS10 stopped burning

vbimport

hi everyone, a very annoying problem happend while burning a dvd.drive started right at 20x burning and after a little while at 24%
it stoppend burning.now drive dont read and write dvds single and dual layers.cd are seems to working fine.what is the cause.any one can explain:o:Z

[QUOTE=xdrive;2593650]hi everyone, a very annoying problem happend while burning a dvd.drive started right at 20x burning and after a little while at 24%
it stoppend burning.now drive dont read and write dvds single and dual layers.cd are seems to working fine.what is the cause.any one can explain:o:Z[/QUOTE]
if it only reads CDs then your laser is defective

Trying to boot from a bootable DVD should resolve that question.

[QUOTE=chef;2594150]Trying to boot from a bootable DVD should resolve that question.[/QUOTE]
it booted fine but still same problem is not reading dvds in windows :Z

Then your Windows installation is messed up.

Michael

i got AD-7200S drive installed also but not a single issue.

drive read certain dvd inc DVD-RW and DVD+RW but not all dvd as i burnt few dvds on verbatim thats no more reads by this drive it makes diff noises inc speenings etc but fail to reads tham :frowning:

And? burned dvds cannot hold forever ormore precisely, the deteroite.

Just try in another drive, should resolve the mystery about them.

thanks chef- already using 7200S and i can say its the best drive i ever have.
LG only not reading and burning that kind of DVD what i was burning and it stopped.all other kinds of cd and dvds are working fine.i am starting to believe its the laser diode defective.