LG GGW-H20L Stuck In PIO Mode 4 on SATA PCI card

Your 3512 is at least showing the right stuff, but it may have a bad flash anyhow. Like I said, they seem to work for some folks and not for others.
From what I’ve read, some of the SIL cards that have odd memory chips can still be force-flashed. But given the problems you’re having I’d suggest going for one that’s known to work. The SYBA card has the right memory. Mine is running HDD and optical side-by-side and smooth as silk.

This is very strange it working now!!

What I did was put by 3112A card in and flashed it down a version (using pure DOS). Then it didn’t work so I reflashed it back to what it was. Still did not work.

Took it out and put Sil 3512A card (which can not be flashed) and it worked at UDMA mode 6 and the hard drive is working full speed as well.

Its wierd how can flashing one card taking it out and putting another card make it work ?

Its kinda like how that memory hack that was in the news works, by pulling dims and freezing them.

[QUOTE=redserpent;2014002]This is very strange it working now!!

What I did was put by 3112A card in and flashed it down a version (using pure DOS). Then it didn’t work so I reflashed it back to what it was. Still did not work.

Took it out and put Sil 3512A card (which can not be flashed) and it worked at UDMA mode 6 and the hard drive is working full speed as well.

Its wierd how can flashing one card taking it out and putting another card make it work ?

Its kinda like how that memory hack that was in the news works, by pulling dims and freezing them.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that there really aren’t any UDMA modes for SATA, so this is not really an indicator of performance. (although it might be an indicator of problems). I’d still consider getting the 3114 card, since problems can still crop up again with the 3512.

Sometimes deleting the drive in Device Manager and reboot will fix the problem, ie Windows will redetect the drive and fix the transfer mode.