LG GGW-H20L $259.99 w/free S/H at Newegg (new low price!)

vbimport

Newegg has the ever-popular LG GGW-H20L DVD/Blu-ray burner and HD DVD reader for $279.99 with free UPS 3-day shipping. That’s $50 off their usual price.

Product link

That is a good price but until media gets to a “reasonable” level, I’ll pass.

Agreed on the cost of media. However, with HD DVD dead in the water, it makes sense (for me at least) to have the extra player handy in case my Toshiba A20 bites it. Having the option to back up the discs to Blu-ray is a nice bonus.

Thats a sweet price when you compare what the Sony BWU200 will cost you.

Shopping around I have found some decent deals on the media but you have to keep your eye open.

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2031061]Shopping around I have found some decent deals on the media but you have to keep your eye open.[/QUOTE]

There’s a seller on Fleabay auctioning five packs of Ritek BD-R media with jewel cases for $45 + $8 shipping. When you consider that single write-once discs are $15 each typically, that’s not such a bad deal.

[QUOTE=saturnotaku;2030807]Agreed on the cost of media. However, with HD DVD dead in the water, it makes sense (for me at least) to have the extra player handy in case my Toshiba A20 bites it. Having the option to back up the discs to Blu-ray is a nice bonus.[/QUOTE]

This is why I got it too. I have an A35 and about 15 or so HD-DVD’s, so a backup is nice ot have. I could have gotten just a reader, but for the NewEgg price, it was hard to pass up being able to burn Blu-Rays too(it does include a BR-RE disk, so that’s an added bonus).

You can get Ridata BD-R from Mwave for $7.99 each or 25 disc cake box for $189.90.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewproduct.asp?PID=MEDIABLURAY-RIDATA&updepts=MEDIA-BLURAY&DNAME=Blank+Media+-+BluRay

[QUOTE=CKNA;2033400]You can get Ridata BD-R from Mwave for $7.99 each or 25 disc cake box for $189.90.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewproduct.asp?PID=MEDIABLURAY-RIDATA&updepts=MEDIA-BLURAY&DNAME=Blank+Media+-+BluRay[/QUOTE]
Hmm, maybe the future isn’t too far away :). Of course no guarantees they’ll drop alot further pricewise fairly quickly but we can hope. Then again that is a -R with Ritek :eek:. Anyway it’ll be quite a while before I jump, of course that’ll all depend on the price.

Wow very good price LG GGW-H20L $279.99 :iagree:
But not this month :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Bill R;2030790]That is a good price but until media gets to a “reasonable” level, I’ll pass.[/QUOTE]

exactly! … blu-ray burning is still WAY overpriced and unpractical for backup… DVD media is still far better overall cause of price alone.

i dont think ill even consider getting into blu ray burning (probably along with vast majority of people) til burners are under 100 dollars and media is no more than about 1 dollar ‘or so’ each… cause if it aint roughly around these prices it’s just not ‘reasonable’. :wink:

[QUOTE=NBR;2034455]exactly! … blu-ray burning is still WAY overpriced and unpractical for backup… DVD media is still far better overall cause of price alone.

i dont think ill even consider getting into blu ray burning (probably along with vast majority of people) [B]til burners are under 100 dollars and media is no more than about 1 dollar ‘or so’ each[/B]… cause if it aint roughly around these prices it’s just not ‘reasonable’. ;)[/QUOTE]

:clap:

This is “exactly” my strategy with ODD and media

This is “exactly” my strategy with ODD and media[/QUOTE]

yep :wink: , cause i figure that’s about the early stages of mainstream adoption.

I appreciate the OP when I saw it last week & have been following/lurking since…

200 or more than likely is a 250$ price point =) is where i’ll jump in with getting a burner like this…

it is nice to see the media heading south somewhat… im not so in it for data backup as id like to experiment with .ts and x.264 burning and playback on my new ps3 & VO47L combo

$259.99 now. It sucks that Newegg doesn’t have any sort of price protection. At least at Amazon and any B&M store, you can get a refund of the difference if the price drops within 14-30 days.

[QUOTE=saturnotaku;2039722]$259.99 now. It sucks that Newegg doesn’t have any sort of price protection. At least at Amazon and any B&M store, you can get a refund of the difference if the price drops within 14-30 days.[/QUOTE]

From what I’ve read , you can contact them and they can refund you the difference :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=saturnotaku;2039722]$259.99 now. It sucks that Newegg doesn’t have any sort of price protection. At least at Amazon and any B&M store, you can get a refund of the difference if the price drops within 14-30 days.[/QUOTE]

Call them I did twice money back from Newegg ( $15 and $35 )