LG GGW-H10N Firmware 1.03 problem

The new firmware is out (http://club.cdfreaks.com/1975212-post10.html), thanks to ala42 for reporting.

However the flasher didn’t work well, it gives me this error: “The file you chosen is not correct. Check your file.”

Anybody can confirm? Doesn’t have to own the drive, just need to know if you get the same issue after clicking the exe file. :slight_smile:

Okay, I found the issue. I’m sure it will be fixed by LG engineers but in the meantime…

The link (from ala42 post) will direct you to download GGW-H10N_1.03(EW).zip

Unzip it and you will get GGW-H10N_1.03.exe

Unpack GGW-H10N_1.03.exe (with WinRAR) and you will get four files:

• auto_nonp.exe
  • Flash.ini
  • LGE071130.bin
  • WNASPI32.DLL

Now, the Flash.ini using Notepad:

[INFO]
Version = "1.0"

[MODE]
Auto = 1

[FILE]
File Name = "LGE71130.BIN"

Obviously the bin filenames don’t match, ie LGE71130.BIN vs LGE[B]0[/B]71130.bin.

So in Notepad, rename LGE71130.BIN to LGE071130.bin and run auto_nonp.exe. Hope this helps.

I was happy for a moment and thought this is the newer firmware for my lappy drive which comes with version 1.02, but turn out this is a blu-ray drive. Hitachi-LG should rename their products so no1 get confused

Mine Lappy comes with Hitachi HL-DT-ST GSA-U10N (since Hitachi and LG are joint venture and I thought this is a new firmware)

OH well, time to google for a new firmware

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1976575]I was happy for a moment and thought this is the newer firmware for my lappy drive which comes with version 1.02, but turn out this is a blu-ray drive. [B]Hitachi-LG should rename their products so no1 get confused[/B]

Mine Lappy comes with Hitachi HL-DT-ST GSA-U10N (since Hitachi and LG are joint venture and I thought this is a new firmware)

OH well, time to google for a new firmware[/QUOTE]

Nope, GSA is not GGW nor GGC.
And U10N should be different enough to H10N or H20N.