Lg ggc-h20l supermulti blue

I recently bought and installed LG GGC-H20L SUPERMULTI BLUE. My pc recognized it as a “Generic brand drive” and when I tested it, neither DVD or BLU RAY does not play at all. It doesn’t even recognize the discs that are being inserted. It keep saying “no disc in drive”. Even with full installation of Cyberlink HD Suite and updated firmware, discs aren’t being read. I’ve checked the connection numerous times and they are proper. Here are the following specs I have in my pc. Maybe the problem is here:

INTEL PENTIUM D 300GHZ
ASUS P5WD2 PREMIUM
8GIG OF RAM
NVIDIA GTX 280

Please advice.

Thank you,
Gus

Hi Gus, welcome to CDFreaks :flower:

Have you checked in your BIOS or on boot to see if the drive is listed an seen by your computer?

Do you have a different SATA port you can try and cable?

Also what OS are you using?

Hi MegaDETH, thanks for the welcome.

I checked the BIOS and the BLU RAY drive is not listed. However, the pc recognized it and is on the DEVICE MANAGER. I have an IDE HD installed in my pc also not detected by the BIOS, but working properly (also on the DEVICE MANAGER).

I have tried two of the SATA available and two brand new cables.

I am currently running on WINDOWS XP PRO SP3.

Thank you.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2282091]Hi Gus, welcome to CDFreaks :flower:

Have you checked in your BIOS or on boot to see if the drive is listed an seen by your computer?

Do you have a different SATA port you can try and cable?

Also what OS are you using?[/QUOTE]

MegaDETH, the BIOS recognized the BLU RAY drive now and still not recognizing the BLU RAY and STANDARD DVD discs.

Please help? Thank you.

Connect the drive to another SATA port…

[QUOTE=chef;2283164]Connect the drive to another SATA port…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply chef. I did try connecting it to another SATA port using a brand new cable as well and still not recognizing it :(. Am I running out of options? Should I just return the drive for exchange?

Thank you.

Seeing you have tried a new SATA port and new cable it could be a bad drive or possibly incompatible with your motherboard is the only thing I can think of.

What other devices do you have hooked up on your other SATA ports?