LG GGC-H20L: problem with burning DVDs

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all,

Im new here and not the greatest at computing :confused:

Anyway, put simply. My dvd Burner wont burn DVD’s anymore!

If tried several different burning softwares, all end up with the same problem. After about 5 minutes into the burn, it tells me the burn has failed and ejects my DVD. Ive tried various burn speeds, various DVD types (+R -R) Nothing has worked so far. I am unable to burn videos, music, even simple data DVD’s. Burning regular audio/data cd’s works fine. Its just the DVD’s

Technical, if any of this helps:
Windows Vista Ultimate (Sp2)
2GB of Ram, Quad CPU @ 2.4ghz

DVD/ CD-ROM Drive:
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L ATA Device
Driver Version: 6.0.6001.18000
(The device manager says it is working properly)

The system is fairly new.

Hopefully someone can help :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks in Advance :clap:
Mx

[QUOTE=mxj8500;2115511][qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all,

Im new here and not the greatest at computing :confused:

Anyway, put simply. My dvd Burner wont burn DVD’s anymore!

If tried several different burning softwares, all end up with the same problem. After about 5 minutes into the burn, it tells me the burn has failed and ejects my DVD. Ive tried various burn speeds, various DVD types (+R -R) Nothing has worked so far. I am unable to burn videos, music, even simple data DVD’s. Burning regular audio/data cd’s works fine. Its just the DVD’s

Technical, if any of this helps:
Windows Vista Ultimate (Sp2)
2GB of Ram, Quad CPU @ 2.4ghz

DVD/ CD-ROM Drive:
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L ATA Device
Driver Version: 6.0.6001.18000
(The device manager says it is working properly)

The system is fairly new.

Hopefully someone can help :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks in Advance :clap:
Mx[/QUOTE]

What kinda media are you using and can you tell us more as the software your using and the version as well. Your being to general in your answer. Also what kinda of media are you burning? Also "“There is no Vista SP2"” So unless you got something we don’t have you don’t have a propler O/S. That probably were your problem is also.

Welcome to the forum mxj8500 :slight_smile:

If you have Nero, can you post an error log? It should prompt you to save one when the burn fails.

Also, can you list the brands of DVD you’ve tried, and also what speed you burned at. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks for replies.

Yep sorry, service pack 1 not 2.

To be more specific i have not tried nero yet, but i have been using Windows DVD Maker, Cyberlink Power 2 Go (5.50), Sothink (v1.0), muvee Auto Producer (Was trying to produce a movie) and also the HP Recovery CD Creator (to create backup CD’s of my system). All the software that came with the computer really.

Everytime i get the same error, usually after about 5minutes into the burn, the DVD Ejects and gives me the error Burn was Unsuccessful, please try another DVD. All the time, none of the errors are more specific and have no option to elaborate.

I have tried DVD+R , - R, +RW etc (Different brands, Imation, Sony, PVC etc)

The drive use to work fine about a month ago which was the last time i tried to burn a DVD.

Hope any of this helps
Mx

I have what seems to be exactly the same problem with a new SATA Lite-on writer on Windows Vista Ultimate, using either DVD Decrypter or DVDFab 5 Platinum. Never any trouble under XP Pro.

So far no idea what is wrong. Help!