LG GCE-8240B and SD2

Hi !

I am trying to make a backup copy of SD 2 protected games (Max Payne and MedalOfHonor) with my LG GCE-8240B burner and CloneCD 3.3.4.1 but they are not accepted as an original CD.

What is wrong ?
Is the LB burner not capable of copying SD 2 games (it is supposed to be that when I read the list at elby homepage) ?

What settings should I use in CloneCD when reading the CD to make an image file and then to write the image file ?

Reards,
/ernyh

Elby was wrong!
that model don’t supports EFM encoding…:frowning:

Tested and works only with AWS ON!!!

Use this settings: fast error skip, sofware correction, rettries none.
But if I remember well a user on cloneclinic had said that his Lg24x wasn’t able to copy Sd2 protected cds(both version 2.51 and older).
If you want you can try to read from another device, it may be that Lg isn’t able to make a good image.
Greetings.

Then Olli REALLY should correct the wrong information that people don’t accidentally buy non-EFM capable writer.

and I am very very :frowning: because I buyed that CDRW reading the wrong info on ELBY Site … argggggggggggggggggggggggggg
:frowning:

I am really sorry to read what you ar saying.

I to bought this drive based on the info on CloneCD site to make sure that I got a SD2 compatible drive.
I already had a AOpen drive that I bought 4 months ago but that could not do SD2, so I went to the ‘authority’ to get guidance and not buy the wrong drive again.

But it looks like I have done it again…

Regards,
/ernyh :frowning:

I wonder why that wrong information hasn’t still been fixed…
It would be VERY nice if Olli would explain this.

how do you know that its burner and not the user??

the stuff i’ve been reading about people saying that they cant burn with ther 40x plextor i’ve done like its nothing. so dont blame ollie. maybe its you. i dont have that drive so i cant tell you for sure. i’ve burned without using aws.

only that what people say about the 40x plextor.

Originally posted by Filter
[B]how do you know that its burner and not the user??

the stuff i’ve been reading about people saying that they cant burn with ther 40x plextor i’ve done like its nothing. so dont blame ollie. maybe its you. i dont have that drive so i cant tell you for sure. i’ve burned without using aws.

only that what people say about the 40x plextor. [/B]

Trust me. It’s NOT me. It’s the Plex 40x. Backups for the latest Safedisk2 only run in the Plex and no other drive (with or without AWS). Backups done with my LiteOn 40x run in all drives.

Hi !

Well as I started this thread I might as well comment on your posting ‘Filter’.

After the disapointing answers I got in this and other threads I bought a Lite-On LTR-32123S and have made PERFECT backups of MOHAA (SD 2.51) with that toaster.

So until someone proves that the LG-8240 can make backups of SD 2.51 disks, I am going to insist on that the information on elby’s site regarding the LG toaster is NOT CORRECT, and should be instantly corrected.

Regards,
/ErnyH

i understand that. but what i’m getting at maybe its not hte drive have you talked to other users with the same drive??

becasue i can make perfect copies of mohaa and they do work in the 10+ drives i’ve tested them in. and other people cant.

i understand that. but what i’m getting at maybe its not hte drive have you talked to other users with the same drive??

Yes, and you’re one of the few I’ve heard of with a Plex 40x able to back up MOHAA that runs in all drives.

becasue i can make perfect copies of mohaa and they do work in the 10+ drives i’ve tested them in. and other people cant.

Do your backups of MOHAA work when MOHAA is patched to v1.11? If so then, Filter, I salute you and all your efforts!..and I’m also ready and willing to learn from you on how to do it. :slight_smile:

Hi again !

Well I started this thread to discuss the LG GCE-8240B writer NOT any Plextor writers.

So my opinion still is that the information on elby’s site regarding the LG GCE-8240B writers SD2 capability (correct EFM writing) is NOT correct.

Regards,
/ernyh

am i the only one that is willing the prove the honor of his lg 24X ??
i`ll show you all… muahahahahah

olli has responded to this. basically, the jist was ‘its a pain in the ass to individually test each drive’ and he’s thinking of pulling the info entirely off the page, as he feels it may be better to give no info rather than wrong info.

I have the lg8240, and i’ve been able to burn everything i’ve tried to so far with the 1.8 firmware. Games, music etc etc

How can I tell if what i’ve been burning is sd2 or not, and i’ll tell you if i’ve been able to or not. I believe I likely already have burned sd2 stuff though, because i’ve burned alot of stuff on this drive already, and it’s been awesome for me.

John-Paul

Name some titles, or look here :bigsmile:

John-Paul,
I have the same LG drive and I was unsuccessful with Safedisc 2.5.xxx. I could play the backup, but with “additional measures”. LG 8240B writes regular bit patterns “almost” correctly( 1 sheep), not “correctly”(2 sheep) according to the help laucher located in Program Files/Elaboryte Bytes/CloneCD folder. I tested the LG 8240B with C&C Renegade

Shoebedobedoo