LG GCE-8160B Owners

SD 2.4 introduced the ATIP check.

SD 2.51.021 has thrown down the gauntlet! The Plex 24x & AWS are out of action!

Only the Lite-On 24102B & some 12x & 16x Plex’s have been reported to defeat Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Has your LG GCE-8160B defeated it? Let us know!

Mmmmmm…reports on originals only pls

I have a Korean LG GCE-8160B and I will report as soon as I get a CloneCD copy of Serious Sam: The Second Encounter.

I have a LG GCE-8160B But don’t have the money to buy any new games containing the new protection but as soon as I do i’ll let you all know how I went.

Ok, I’ve just got my hands in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter and now I’m reporting the results obtained with my Korean LG GCE-8160B burner, firmware 1.02.

First I’ve opened the CloneCD image with FireBurner and tested it for corruption:

M1 EDC, ECC_P and ECC_Q errors from sector 881 to 10433.

This proves it is a SafeDisc image and has no other errors besides the protected bad sectors.

Just picked a blank 80 min CD-R. Then started CloneCD 3.3.4.1, choosing the file and the following write options:

Write Speed: 8X (just for stability)
Write Mode: RAW DAO
Simulate Writing: OFF
Buffer Underrun Protection: ON
Perform Laser Power Calibration: ON
Amplify weak sectors: OFF
Don’t Repair SubChannel Data: ON (I don’t know if this makes any difference…)
Always close last Session: ON

After burning it as usual, I’ve put the just-created copy in my LG DRD-8160B DVD-ROM drive and tested it for corrupt files with CDCheck: no errors found.

OK, then proceeding to installation. Run setup as usual, worked fine (!). Choosed medium installation.

Now I run the executable and the final word is…

YES! IT WORKS!!! It really works fine, just like the original!

And the game kicks ass!

This is to shut up the mouths of some “respected” reviewers who are stating out there: “…the Lite-On burners are the only ones that can defeat the latest SafeDisc…”!

Not that I don’t like the Lite-Ons (I have one too :wink: ) but I’m here to prove that they are STILL not the only ones!

:cool: Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks for the report :slight_smile: What were your read settings & what was the reader?

:o Hehe! You know why I didn’t post the reading settings…

:wink: Thanks to FTFiSO!

Hmmm…as I suspected. Success with WAREZ is not what’s it’s cracked up to be.

Mohaa also worked on LG GCE-8160B.

C’mon, FP, don’t punish yourself that much!

As long as I know, any CD/DVD-ROM out there that can read RAW+96 (I guess RAW+16 will do that too) will do the job of dumping these new images.

I would personally suggest reading with:

Don’t report Errors: OFF
Speed: 4-8X
Subchannel from data and audio: ON
Abort on error: OFF
Fast error skip: OFF
Intelligent bad sector scanning: OFF

If anyone cannot make a good CloneCD image with these settings, then I don’t know anything about SafeDisc 2!

Mohaa also worked on LG GCE-8160B.

how did you do this? tell me! i got the same burner… some lame friend of mine used a plextor but mohaa didn’t work we’ve got the downloaded flt-moh.bin (2x with different names for the 2 cd’s) and it didn’t work…

he’s still got the bin-files so i can burn it if you tell me

G33RT,
You got a cracked release, will never work as an original.
You have to burn your files with CDRWIN or FireBurner and
copy the cracked mohaa.exe (on CD2) into the mohaa’s dir.

I got the CD 1 from CaliSO and CD 2 from FTFiSO,
because they are CloneCD images.
But it is just for testing, I pre-ordered a copy last week ( It was not released in my country yet).

Originally posted by Kueyke
[B]G33RT,
You got a cracked release, will never work as an original.
You have to burn your files with CDRWIN or FireBurner and
copy the cracked mohaa.exe (on CD2) into the mohaa’s dir.

I got the CD 1 from CaliSO and CD 2 from FTFiSO,
because they are CloneCD images.
But it is just for testing, I pre-ordered a copy last week ( It was not released in my country yet). [/B]

the problem is that when i crack it it gives this: ‘recursive error: couldn’t load font face verdana’ :confused:

it IS the fairlight crack i downloaded it from gamecopyworld (www.gamecopyworld.com)

can anyone give me an url or ftp site where mohaa is?

G33RT
I don’t think that warez are allowed in this forum…
Read the posts from FutureProof http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40140