LG GCE-8080B - Firmware recovery help

Hello,

I have a LG CED-8080B drive which is dead after a bad firmware update. While updating the firmware, system restarted and I’m left with a dead drive which is not detected by Mobo Bios / Firmware utilities. Even MTKFLASH doesn’t respond.

This drive was bought in Germany but even though I’m in Korea now LG refused to provide me International warranty saying the drive was not purchased in Korea.

Can any of you please help me to recover this drive?

For any Koreans in the forum, is there a place in Seoul where it’s possible to get this repaired (bios chip replacement, etc…) without paying a kings ransom to LG for changing the whole CDR mother board?

Btw, LG is not a bad company and surely I recommend LG drives for Price / Performance advantage.

(Sorry - previously I had mistyped the Model # - Apologies).

Many thanks guys.

it doesnt seem to be possible to recover this drive… i had the same and also the same problem…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46775
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50696

Originally posted by integspec
[B]Hello,

I have a LG CED-8080B drive which is dead after a bad firmware update. While updating the firmware, system restarted and I’m left with a dead drive which is not detected by Mobo Bios / Firmware utilities. Even MTKFLASH doesn’t respond.

This drive was bought in Germany but even though I’m in Korea now LG refused to provide me International warranty saying the drive was not purchased in Korea.

Can any of you please help me to recover this drive?

For any Koreans in the forum, is there a place in Seoul where it’s possible to get this repaired (bios chip replacement, etc…) without paying a kings ransom to LG for changing the whole CDR mother board?

Btw, LG is not a bad company and surely I recommend LG drives for Price / Performance advantage.

(Sorry - previously I had mistyped the Model # - Apologies).

Many thanks guys. [/B]

are there any jumpers on the backside beside the one for master slave positions?

there is a thread on the lite on forum about lite on drives for jumpering if the system refuses to recognise the drive after a bad flash it was by boskin who had a solution

i should try such a thing wat is f…d up can’t be destroy’d more

http://forum.cdfreaks.com//showthread.php?threadid=47396&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Regarding the Jumpers, only available options are Master/Slave and Cable Select. Other than that none of the Jumpers are available.

In a separate forum, a member called CISCO had posted a message saying to try JE4.EXe updater with /M option. I’m planning to check this out soon. If any of you have a drive with the same problem, give it a shot and please post the results.

Even though drives are very cheap now, it breaks my heart to let this drive go because it was the first drive which was affordable [to me at least :-)] and it burned a lot cds without any complains…

Many thanks everyone.

Originally posted by integspec
[B]Regarding the Jumpers, only available options are Master/Slave and Cable Select. Other than that none of the Jumpers are available.

In a separate forum, a member called CISCO had posted a message saying to try JE4.EXe updater with /M option. I’m planning to check this out soon. If any of you have a drive with the same problem, give it a shot and please post the results.

Even though drives are very cheap now, it breaks my heart to let this drive go because it was the first drive which was affordable [to me at least :-)] and it burned a lot cds without any complains…

Many thanks everyone. [/B]

i tried it out some month ago… it did not work