LG GBW-H20L, GBC-H20L, BE06 Blu-ray drives

vbimport

Yesterday LG Electronics launched three new line of 6x BD burners.

LG BE06 is an external blu-ray drive that can be easily connected through the USB 2.0 connection and a DC power adapter. MSRP $379.95.

• Compatibility with all BD, DVD and CD formats
  • 6x BD-R/2x BD-RE read compatible
  • DVD+RW/-RW recording speed to 16x recording

The GBC-H20L and the GBW-H20L MSRP of $199.95 and $279.95 respectively.

• 6x BD-R/2x BD-RE read and write compatible (GBW-H20L)
  • 16x DVD+RW/-RW recording speed (GBW-H20L)
  • Up to 40X CDRW recording speeds

Very nice looking drive.

Pretty snappy looking for an LG drive and 6x BD-R NICE!

Probably gonna pull the trigger on one of them GBW’s myself. That way I’ll have my GGC for my new HTPC in the bedroom and have the burner for out here. I will, however, let the price head down just a tad before I do so. I made the mistake of getting the GGC and then a month later the price dropped like a rock. I’ll wait a month or two on this one and see where the price goes. :slight_smile:

[quote=SamuriHL;2071789]Probably gonna pull the trigger on one of them GBW’s myself. That way I’ll have my GGC for my new HTPC in the bedroom and have the burner for out here. I will, however, let the price head down just a tad before I do so. I made the mistake of getting the GGC and then a month later the price dropped like a rock. I’ll wait a month or two on this one and see where the price goes. :)[/quote] I bet they drop 100 bucks by the end of the summer. I will also buy one.:iagree:

Hence why I’m going to wait a month or two and see what happens. Not going to spend that much money on something I can’t really use til the media comes down anyway. I’d like to grab a couple blank discs and see what happens.

nice

i have that one!! :slight_smile:

am i missing something?

what is the difference between GBW-H20L and GGW-H20L

both are 6x BD-R

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2072478]am i missing something?

what is the difference between GBW-H20L and GGW-H20L

both are 6x BD-R[/QUOTE]

HD-DVD reading support ( maybe ) :stuck_out_tongue: ?

external has HD-DVD reading aswell, hopefully they don’t drop it

i want LG to keep HD-DVD reading option

[QUOTE=zevia;2071714]Yesterday LG Electronics launched three new line of 6x BD burners.

LG BE06 is an external blu-ray drive that can be easily connected through the USB 2.0 connection and a DC power adapter. MSRP [B]$379.95[/B].

• Compatibility with all BD, DVD and CD formats
  • DVD+RW/-RW recording speed to 16x recording

[/QUOTE]

Hi zevia,

This one is available here since bunch of weeks, also the rebadged drive from Buffalo.
current price is around €270.

If anyone comes across some pictures of the LG GBW-H20L or LG GBC-H20L please post them, would be nice to see what the internal models look like.

here is GBW, yap no hd-dvd support
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8844673&type=product&id=1208562592208

and here is GBC
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8844655&type=product&id=1208562591968

grab those GGW while they last

I just picked up the GBW-H20L. I have not had to much time to play with it but I was surprised that the max record speed for DVD+R DL is 2.4x even though the box says the piece is capable of recording at 4x.

[QUOTE=Kechulater;2094164]I just picked up the GBW-H20L. I have not had to much time to play with it but I was surprised that the max record speed for DVD+R DL is 2.4x even though the box says the piece is capable of recording at 4x.[/QUOTE]

That is like in your case depending on the media & MID!!

It is the media, are they Ridata or Memorex? Maybe you can check the media code with CDspeed?

I have burned only one DL and it was a Verbatim 8x MKM…003 and it burned fine at 4x.

[QUOTE=Kechulater;2094164]I just picked up the GBW-H20L. I have not had to much time to play with it but I was surprised that the max record speed for DVD+R DL is 2.4x even though the box says the piece is capable of recording at 4x.[/QUOTE]

I am at work now but the exact same Verbatim DL media recorded at 4x on the burner I replaced with the Blu-Ray drive. The media also came from the same spindle. CD Speed confirm 2.4x only. Any suggestions? Thanks

Let me pop in a 2.4x Verbatim and see what speed I get, I will post back in a few.

edit: Unfortunately Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL “MKM…001” does shows a max burn speed of 2.4x.

[QUOTE=Kechulater;2094504]I am at work now but the exact same Verbatim DL media recorded at 4x on the burner I replaced with the Blu-Ray drive. The media also came from the same spindle. CD Speed confirm 2.4x only. Any suggestions? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking. Maybe when the firmware is updated they will address this.