LG GBW-H10N wont burn onto Ritek BD-RE - BD-R!?

vbimport

Just purchased the GBW-H10N (Firmware GL06) and it had a verbatim BD-R included and that burnt my media straight away, But I also bought a Ritek BD-RE X2 & BD-R X2. Every time I try to burn on either of them they will not burn even a lead in or my media and will spit out an error in imgburn or nero EG: disc needs formatting (bd-re) so I format and and the drive makes some noises for a minute and repeats that it needs formatting over and over again or Error - no additional sense information, with the bd-r it is virtually saying the same thing…
The drive reconises the discs but never burns onto them.
Ive looked into wether or not the ritek discs are compatable with this drive to burn and there isnt alot out there to tell me if I have a problem or if it is the drive…

Any help would be fantastic :iagree:

I have the GBW-H10N with firmware GL06. Similar to your problem, it cannot erase or format Ritek BD-RE (MID RITEKBW1). My guess is the firmware does not support Ritek BD-RE (RITEK BW1), and possibly BD-R (RITEKBR1).

Your best bet is to wait for LG to update the firmware for GBW-H10N, hopefully.

[quote=zevia;2023575]I have the GBW-H10N with firmware GL06. Similar to your problem, it cannot erase or format Ritek BD-RE (MID RITEKBW1). My guess is the firmware does not support Ritek BD-RE (RITEK BW1), and possibly BD-R (RITEKBR1).

Your best bet is to wait for LG to update the firmware for GBW-H10N, hopefully.[/quote]

Shattering isnt it!, I found a computer warehouse that sell them for $12 bd-r and bd-re are $15 everywhere else I go they are over $25. I do hope a new firmware for more compatablity comes out soon.