LG Firmware

i have an LG GSA-4040B and want to upgrade to the newest firmware since the speed should have improved with the newst firmware, but i’ve also heard about problems with the newest firmware. Is it possible to back up the current firmware i have and then upgrade. If so will it be possible to downgrade the firmware if i get problems?

There is currently no way to back up your current firmware before flashing.

but is it possible to downgrade the firmware if i got hold of the old firmware?

I can’t tell you. The flasher would probably not let you downgrade. How would you get older firmware?

i guess it isn’t worth all the problems getting the firmware if i’m just going to have as much problems flashing the drive with the old firmware. if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, but i stil have to ask what do you recomend: upgrade or not?

My drive came with the latest firmware (A300). And I got NO problems so far.

The firmware (A300) match more media as far as I know.

The LG GSA-4040B is also used by IOMEGA’s new DVD-+ RAM but they have other firmware… Do some search around.

is it possible to flash the lg drive with the iomega firmware? if its possible will i gain anything by doing that?

Originally posted by genjai
[…] Is it possible to back up the current firmware i have and then upgrade. […]
You can get the old firmware here: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1628

i see that no lg dvd-writer has a rpc-1 firmware. i guess one isnt coming for the gsa 4040b anytime soon. is the lg firmware that hard to patchs or doesnt enough people have it so no1 cares about it?