Lg Firmware

I have just installed a new LgWH10SL30. The firmware on Diskspeed shows 1.0. I was able to locate the 1.06 update (took a while), upon trying to perform the update it showed that I had the 1.09 firmware, which was the one I was looking for originally. Does the 1.0 that was displayed mean it is 1.0-1.9? I see where the firmwares are listed that way for Lg, i.e. 1.0-1.6, 1.0-1.9. Sorry if this was overlong or not too clear.

Hi,

discspeed might have problems with these firmware names. You may check with Imgburn and see what it is reporting. You could also look into Windows device manager.

Michael

Michael,
I had already tried Imgburn, only shows it at 1.0. Device manager just gave me a driver. Thanks for the reply.
Jim

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2563145]Michael,
I had already tried Imgburn, only shows it at 1.0.[/quote]Hm. :confused:

Device manager just gave me a driver.
Normally, there should be a “details” tab (I highlighted the firmware version):

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2563010]I have just installed a new LgWH10SL30. The firmware on Diskspeed shows 1.0. I was able to locate the 1.06 update (took a while), upon trying to perform the update it showed that I had the 1.09 firmware, which was the one I was looking for originally. Does the 1.0 that was displayed mean it is 1.0-1.9? I see where the firmwares are listed that way for Lg, i.e. 1.0-1.6, 1.0-1.9. Sorry if this was overlong or not too clear.[/QUOTE]

First of all let’s get the numbers right … the update you’ve found is 1.00-06.
If the 1.00-06 flasher says that the firmware currently on your drive is 1.00-09, then that’s exactly what you’ve got. Because your drive is quite new (recent manufacturing date) it already comes with a newer firmware than the one available publicly. That’s obviously good news.

You should download Flasher (http://sourceforge.net/projects/flasher/files/current_stable/), make a backup of your firmware (both main and core) and share it with us so that other people will also benefit from it.

From a command prompt first run:

flasher -D

That will return the drive ID of your WH10LS30 drive.

To dump the firmware, you need to run the following two commands (replace x with your actual drive ID number reported by the previous command):

flasher -d x -m main_firmware.bin
flasher -d x -c core_firmware.bin

That’s it, zip those two files, and share them with us by uploading them to one of the free hosts out there (mediafire is a good one).

CSV,
So far I am getting nowhere with Flasher, I downloaded it , but when clicking on it it just flickers and won’t open. I was able to get the 1.09 Firmware from Imgburn. Today was the first time, previously it indicated no firmware. I just re-tried it a minutes ago and it has the 1.09 available for this drive. I hope this helped. I will continue to try and figure out the Flasher thing. BTW when checking out the firmware on Discinfo, Nero Diskspeed, they still only show the generic firmware as 1.0

You need to run Flasher from a Command Window, you can’t just double click on the *.exe file.

Download the latest version of devilsclaw’s Renesas flasher and extract it in a folder such as ‘C:\Flasher’.

Open a Command Prompt window and change the current directory to ‘C:\Flasher’. Use ‘cd…’ commands until your path is ‘C:’ and then use ‘cd Flasher’ to set the patch to the Flasher directory.

Then type and execute the commands I mentioned.

This is what your command window will look like:

Cvs, I will give this a go. But I must say , I have used “zip”, “rar”, many many times and have never had to go to this extent to open a file.

This flasher has no GUI.

You wont open a file, you want to run the flasher by using the commandline!

CVS,
I need your help i have an BE08LU20 external burner but i can’t burn the blu ray disk 50gb with media code CMCMAG-DI6-000 i have see what you say and i tempt to crossflashing the BE08LU20 with the BH08LS20 but i Can’t get. The MCSE dont see my drive he see “???” i can’t find it.
Thanks from italy
P.S. the devilsclaw’s renesas flasher Does not work i click it but nothing.

[QUOTE=francogaudione;2681877]CVS,
I need your help i have an BE08LU20 external burner but i can’t burn the blu ray disk 50gb with media code CMCMAG-DI6-000 i have see what you say and i tempt to crossflashing the BE08LU20 with the BH08LS20 but i Can’t get. The MCSE dont see my drive he see “???” i can’t find it.
Thanks from italy
P.S. the devilsclaw’s renesas flasher Does not work i click it but nothing.[/QUOTE]

• Load the BH08LS20 firmware
  • In the “Cross flash settings”, click the arrow of the drop down box and select the “???” entry with your mouse and then press OK when prompted. You should see something as in the figure below.
  • Save the unlocked firmware
  • Flash your drive and reboot

The “???” basically means “any drive ID”. It will unlock the flasher.

PS. the devilsclaw’s renesas flasher is a command line program, which needs to be provided with the right parameters, not something meant to operate with the mouse. It doesn’t have a GUI.

CVS,
It doesn’t work I’ll explain what I do: i load the BH08LS20 firmware in the MCSE, click the arrow of the drop box and select “???” than i say yes when prompted, and save the new firmware BH08LS20.2.00_03_speedpatched in the desktop, than Double click of it and i not can select the external drive that i want the doop box are empty.
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

[QUOTE=francogaudione;2681926]CVS,
It doesn’t work I’ll explain what I do: i load the BH08LS20 firmware in the MCSE, click the arrow of the drop box and select “???” than i say yes when prompted, and save the new firmware BH08LS20.2.00_03_speedpatched in the desktop, than Double click of it and i not can select the external drive that i want the doop box are empty.
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why that is not working for you. Doing so should have unlocked the flasher.

Since that doesn’t work, you’ll have to use the Renesas Flasher to do the crossflash. Extract the *.bin firmware from the *.exe firmware update file using the -r option in Flasher and then flash the MAIN part to your drive using Flasher. You do NOT need to flash the CORE part, so leave that alone. You’ll need to read a bit about Flasher and look at some of the examples on this site to see exactly how flasher works and what option switches you need to use.

CVS,
Unfortunately i don’t understand what i do im not very experienced, I don’t understand how to use the flascher, “Extract the *.bin firmware from the *.exe firmware update file using the -r option in Flasher”???Thanks for the help himself and may the force be with you.

Greetings from italy