LG Firmware Flasher?

vbimport

Hey guys,
I apologize beforehand if I totally missed the link to a tool for this…but anyways, I own an LG GGW-H20L and recently purchased more blank blu-ray discs, the ones I’ve always purchased…Optical Quantums…and the manufacturer has changed from the originals being PHILIPS-004 to these which are CMCMAG-BA5-000, and my drive supposedly does not write to these discs. But in my searching, I was able to find a .bin file where someone had modified the firmware to include this media code (I believe they just changed one of the existing media codes) and it’s supposedly working well. Normally LG drives will come with an executable flashing utility but since this is in .bin format, is there a utility for flashing bin files for LG drives? I have failed to find it. Thanks for your help.

Here: http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-ggwh20l-not-including-cmcmag-ba5-000-media-coded-bd-r-322358/

As the thread says, use DevilsClaw’s Renesas Flasher (http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46137) to flash the firmware.

PS. Optical Quantum is in general rather poor quality media, and you should try to avoid it …

Ok I was finally able to flash the modified firmware using devilsclaws flasher, but my drive listed itself as a ggw-h20n cor4…which i believe is some sort of failsafe mode? And the drive wouldn’t open. I notice when using the flasher, there’s a main and core firmware, so am I missing a step here? Thanks for your time.

[QUOTE=Racem22;2725374]Ok I was finally able to flash the modified firmware using devilsclaws flasher, but my drive listed itself as a ggw-h20n cor4…which i believe is some sort of failsafe mode? And the drive wouldn’t open. I notice when using the flasher, there’s a main and core firmware, so am I missing a step here? Thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]

Have you done a full system [B]shut down[/B] (not just a restart) after flashing?

PS. Leave the core alone, you’re only interested in the main firmware. As for the COR4 issue, yes the unit is in ‘failsafe mode’.