LG Elec. to roll out 55-inch OLED TVs in May

vbimport

South Korea’s tech major LG Electronics is set to launch the world’s first 55-inch OLED (organic light-emitting diode) TVs in May this year. Prices of the OLED TVs will be set at approximately nine million won ($7,928.91), and the OLED TV will be unveiled in Cannes, France where a movie premier will be held. LG aims to take the lead in the OLED TV market by launching OLED TVs ahead of its rivals.

Link: http://news.mk.co.kr/english/newsRead.php?rss=Y&sc=30800011&year=2012&no=185020

:cool::cool:

awesome! hopefully they’ll be much more energy efficient & better picture quality that lcd …

I’d love a new TV and Oled should have the best black level and video quality but 7 grand?
I can buy a very nice top rated plasma or LCD set for about 2k tops and be almost as good at the rate the other techs keep improving.
Guess it’s another one to wait for the price to slowly settle down as they recoup their investment and start figuring out making in quantity to drop costs.
Maybe I’m stuck with my beautiful, but now tiny and heavy, CRT HD set a few more years.

I’d love to actually see an OLED TV that size just to find out what the quality is like.

I’ve heard it looks amazing but I’d like to see it in the flesh.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Well here in the States probably the bigger Best Buy stores will have some soon once they are actually released plus maybe the high end places.
I’m sure in your area a equivalent store chain or high end place will carry them too.
I remember going to Sony Only years ago just to hear the very first, extremely expensive, SACD player with my best friend. We told the guy straight up we never could afford one but we just wanted to hear how nice it would sound, he was fine with that and proud to show it off on some very high end gear they had setup to show it in it’s best light.
I’m sure we all can find a local shop to just sit and stare at one and dream:cool: Hopefully it looks as good as the review sites and the few demos and like that claim it does.

By the end of the year, I believe that will see most of the name brand tv’s having OLED’s in there line-up.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2631566]By the end of the year, I believe that will see most of the name brand tv’s having OLED’s in there line-up.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

That would be great and let’s hope the prices come down fairly quickly too.

[B]Wombler[/B]