Lg Dvdrw Not Working After Inst. Alcohol 120%

vbimport

running Vista, everything sweet untill i installed Alcohol 120, I got blue screen, and it continued to blue screen every boot until i booted from last known good config.

I immediately uninstalled and deleted Alcohol 120.

Now the dvd reads:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Uninstalled driver & rebooted, still same message [with yellow ! mark on its listing in device manager]

isatap.domain also has ! mark on its listing in device manager.

No dvd movie or game will be read, it simply says please insert media, lights up like normal but nothing registers.

it is a LG HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-4166B ATA

Did you try uninstalling the primary and secondary IDE’s and rebooting?

were do i find them,

how do i do that?

appologies if its a stupid question.

Open Control Panel/System/Device Manager and you will find the listings for the IDE channels and CD/DVD drives.

You might have to install Alcohol again & the un-install. Sometimes it apparently doesn’t un-install correctly leaving problems behind it.

That’s what another member had to do a few months ago.

:bigsmile: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1679331&postcount=3 :bigsmile:

It’s a shame this is with Vista, not XP - deleting the upper and lower filters would have fixed the problem had the OP been using XP.

Doing that under Vista has some…undesirable side effects, so I’ve heard :doh:, so maybe Tim’s advice will work instead :slight_smile:

Its also a shame that the OP is using an illegal version of Alcohol downloaded from LimeWire.

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :cop: