LG DVDRAM GSA-4167B problem?

I’ve been using this drive for awhile now and haven’t had any problems up until recently. All of a sudden one day i no longer was able to burn dvds or cds with Nero. I would try to burn a cd and it would just create an image but wouldn’t burn anything. I got a message indicating that the buring rights wouldn’t let me burn since I’m not the system administrator. I am the system admin so i dont’ know why i got that but anyways, i check the burning rights and set it to everyone, rebooted and still couldn’t get it to work. Also dvd decrypter no longer detected the device, i’ve used dvd decrypter in the past to burn images. The only program that will let me burn a cd is itunes, i’ve successfully burned audio cds with itunes. When i go into my device manager Windows recognizes the drive, so i tried uninstalling it and installing it again and i still have the same problems. Any suggestions ?

Hi and Welcome!

could you please post a log from Decrypter - or even better - its successor ImgBurn?
My crystal ball thinks, you have managed to install a rootkit.

Michael

Here’s the log from ImgBurn

I 16:24:35 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!
I 16:24:35 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 16:24:35 Total Physical Memory: 523,552 KB - Available: 144,332 KB
W 16:24:35 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn’s ability to verify accurately, please ensure it’s disabled!
I 16:24:35 Initialising SPTI…
I 16:24:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
E 16:24:38 CreateFile Failed! - Device: ‘\.\CdRom0’ (F : )
E 16:24:38 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
W 16:24:38 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.
W 16:24:38 This drive will not be visible in the program.
W 16:24:38 No devices detected!

E 16:24:38 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

My crystal ball was right here. You have installed a rootkit.
Only reliable solution: Flatten and rebuild. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx
Seems it was not a good idea to use an administrative account for daily usage.

Michael