LG dvd writer wont write

Hiya and I hope someone out there can help me, recently I purchased a LG GSA 4082B dvd 8x writer, I use windows xp pro and have 256 of ram installed on my machine and have a AMD Athlon 849 mHz processor which according to the LG documentation is enough to use their producy, so far can anyone correct me if i’m wrong!!!..I use nero 6 to write my dvd back-ups(Or not write lately!!!).
When I first installed it correctly as secondary master with an optowrite cd 52x writer as slave it worked fine then it stopped writing, it seems to read ok then goes to write just after doing the lead in ok and I get “Write error” and thats that…I use the datawrite yellow V2 media and LG have advised me theyr’e ok to use…I straight away returned the writer to the shop where I bought It and got a replacement…worked ok for a few days then It did the same…then worked again for about a week then now it won’t write anything…I tried using the software provided with the writer “Power Producer” and I get write error and sometimes ATAPI ERROR…I’m getting really P****D off with the problem now…can anyone please help me out…before I just buy another brand writer or take a sledgehammer to the pc…lol…Basically it writes then dosen’t for a few days then does then won’t anymore…ANY IDEAS…
Psss… I’ve installed the new LG firmware for it aswell but didn’t make any difference…

u r using crap media. dun blame ur drive.

so ur saying the medias crap even though LG says theyre ok, but then again obviously LG wouldn’t know anything would they…?..theyr’e guys must just get paid huge salaries for not knowing these things…
Anybody out there with a constructive answer to our problem…

PLus my brother in law uses the same media and he’s got the same writer…so how do you explain that one…gayray…?

oops…sorry should be raygay…sorry mate…

well. best is u try another quality media such as Verbatim or Ricoh ( which i dun think they r VERY expensive nowadays)and test again then conclude. using one media to condemn the writer is simply too unjust.

At least I am not hthe only one with these problems. I have 2 4040b’s and no problems. Have 1 4081b and it started not reading cd’s. CD-R and CD-RW’s. Burns/reads dvd’s fine. Flashed firmware and still problems. Tried in 2 other systems with same results - waiting for response …