Lg dvd recorder problems, please advice

vbimport

I bought the home dvd recorder from Best Buy several weeks ago and it was around 110.00 which isn’t bad. Anyway, after I recorded a tv program (speed channel) I decided to play it back. It played fine up until I paused it. After I resumed it the picture was there but no sound. It didn’t matter what I did, I couldn’t get the sound to come back. So I stopped it started it again, everything was fine until I paused/stopped it and resummed it. Any ideas what is wrong. I took the recoreder back and decided to get some answers first before I got another.

You didn’t mention what you played the DVD on. I had a similar issue with a Liteon DVD recorder and a Panasonic DVD player. Sometimes when I paused or skipped ahead the sound would stop when played on the Panasonic. The Panasonic played DVDs made on a different model Liteon with no problems. I suspect that one or the other did not follow some standard exactly as intended. And since the newer Liteon didn’t make DVDs the Panasonic had problems with, I assumed it was the Liteon recorder’s “fault”. My point is, things like this happen and you probably won’t know it until you get it home. Also, anytime there are problems, sometimes a newer firmware fixes it.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

I have been trying to get in touch with LG customer care for the last three months. They seem that they are the opposite of customer care…that is LG CUSTOMER DO NOT CARE… I bought an LG 288 RC w3orked for two months but quit playing back, unknown disc, No disc. anyone know a better idea then throwing this trash in the bin. Thank you

:a:sad::clap:[quote=carjo;2047287]I have been trying to get in touch with LG customer care for the last three months. They seem that they are the opposite of customer care…that is LG CUSTOMER DO NOT CARE… I bought an LG 288 RC w3orked for two months but quit playing back, unknown disc, No disc. anyone know a better idea then throwing this trash in the bin. Thank you[/quote]