LG DVD not burning

vbimport

Good morning
I am running Nero 8 and when I run Infotool it says that my LG burner is fine, except it states there is no disc in DVD burner, when there is.
Any help appreciated

Have marked unresolved. is that correct

Try running the Microsoft FixIt tool. You can find it by clicking on the link in my signature that says [I]Microsoft support for optical drives[/I].

If that doesn’t help, you can try manually removing the upper and lower filters by following this guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/upperfilters-lowerfilters.htm

And last, you can always try different blank disks.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=EricStewart1941;2548521]
I am running Nero 8 and when I run Infotool it says that my LG burner is fine, except it states there is no disc in DVD burner, when there is.
[/QUOTE]Could you please give some more details?
Does this only happen with blank discs, or also with prerecorded discs (including commercially manufactured ones)?

I had disc recognition problems with one of my external drives. The culprit here was a bad power supply unit (perhaps a contact issue only, I don’t know). So if the MS fix recommended by Kerry does not work for you, then you might open the case of your computer and connect your drive to another cable from the PSU.

MIchael

Keery56
Thanks for the suggestion. When I ran the download you suggested, it said I had to download Microsoft NET Framework 2.0
Did this but when it ran, it said the following
Error 25015 failed to install Assembly C: \windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0. 50727? microsoft. visualbasic. compatibility. dll’ because of system error. 0x80131107

Re second queation
No it does not play any type of commercial CD or DVD

Eric

Which operating system are you using? XP? Net installation errors are a whole can of worms, with incredible numbers of variations.

You can look here for a manual way to clean up a failed Net 2.0 installation: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2005/04/16/408856.aspx This involves using the regedit command and is [B]not[/B] for beginners.

Ignoring the NET installation failure is also an option. :slight_smile: Did you try the link I gave you to manually uninstall the upper and lower filters?

And as a last possibility, your drive may simply have died.

I use Xp

[QUOTE=EricStewart1941;2548572]Re second queation
No it does not play any type of commercial CD or DVD
[/QUOTE]Okay. Quick check: grab a bootable CD (or DVD) and see if you can boot your computer from that. You may need to adjust the Boot priority in Bios setup unless there is some bootmenu which allows you to select the device you want to boot from.
A Windows install disc as boot disc works also, but you need to press a key when prompted. So watch the screen carefully.

If this test fails, then some hardware is faulty.

Michael

Good morning Michael
tried your suggestion. Still the same problwm

[QUOTE=EricStewart1941;2548976]Good morning Michael
tried your suggestion. Still the same problwm[/QUOTE]–>

[QUOTE=mciahel;2548607](bootable CD/DVD)
If this test fails, then some hardware is faulty.[/QUOTE]You can check and reseat (or replace) the cables, and you can also try the drive in another computer.

Michael