Lg Dvd Hl-dt-st Dvdram-4167b

Hi, I bought this DVD combo a few months ago and just had joy using it. Now out of the blue it does not want to read any DVD RW or DVD R.

I can however read or write normal CD’s Can anybody give me some advise how to fix it? I used a CD cleaner to see if will fix the problem, but nothing changed.

My e-mail ** edit to avoid spam please use PM **
I really hope someone can help me with this problem

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

First of all, I strongly suggest to remove your e-mail address, or you’ll risk to get a ton of spam. Click on the edit button and remove it.

Do you have problems only with burned discs or also with pressed DVDs?

How do I delete the e-mail address… I don’t see the edit button. Did not think of the spam problem!

It seems like I can’t use re writable or recordable DVD’s. I can’t read ot write to them. The DVD light just blink the whole time when I insert them into the drive. If I go to My computer and go to the Drive, then the window get stuck. The moment I eject the DVD, then I get the msg, please insert disk. I can however watch an original DVD movie. I can also use normal rewritable cd’s and write data to it, and recordable cd’s. Hope I make sense what I’m trying to day here.

Try to do this little test.

Run cd-dvd speed, then select the “disc info” tab, and finally inserd a blank media in the drive.

After a while, you should be able to see information on the disc. Can you see these information or the drive simply freeze? Give some time to the drive to recognize the disc.

It could also be that you are using very low quality discs, and the drive have many difficulties to recognize the disc. What discs are you using?

“The DVD light just blink the whole time when I insert them into the drive.” That’s classic symptom of the PSU issue which plagued this model drive. I’ve seen loads of them go like this.

You might be able to get it working by buying a better PSU (power supply) for your computer, however a good PSU will cost you more than a new burner and is still not a guarrantied fix.

If you dont mind a bit of DIY then you could also try the “capacitor fix” that I explained in the following thread : http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=166553&highlight=read