Lg drt389h

vbimport

Please help me.

I have an LG DRT389H stand alone recorder/player and am having big problems playing films on my DVD-R and DVD+R Verbatim 16x DVD discs - the exact ones recommended to me by LG and their technical support. Yet they and ALL other DVD-R & DVD+R discs fail to work, all my DVDRW (any brand) discs work fine and all commercial discs work fine.

This is my problem: I make and record a film via my laptop and the films all work on any of my computer optical drive/s and all our other (not LG DRT389H) stand alone DVD players - DVD-R, DVD+R & DVDRW. The discs are finalised and are fine except with the LG DRT389H.

I then updated the firmware on the DRT389H, no difference, then bought more discs - still fail, except the DVDRW discs which all work. LG tech support blamed the computer application, but this is incorrect because every other player plays the discs (all of them) and even the same process is used on the DVDRW and the DVD-R/DVD+R discs, and yet the DVDRW discs are fine and all the DVD-R/DVD+R discs are not!

LG told me that the DRT389H will not play some brands or unbranded ones, so proved them wrong by buying the ones they suggest, still doesn’t work. LG suggested lower the copy/write speed - tried all of that - still fails on DVD-R/DVD+R discs.

Do I give up and buy a better brand or is there a fix?

Thanks
Dibs

What drive do you have in your laptop, and what speeds have you been using to write? And optical drives do you have in other computers?

It honestly just sounds like the LG is being unreasonably picky if you can switch to RW media, change no other step in the process, and have a successful burn.

[QUOTE=Albert;2740267]What drive do you have in your laptop, and what speeds have you been using to write? And optical drives do you have in other computers?

It honestly just sounds like the LG is being unreasonably picky if you can switch to RW media, change no other step in the process, and have a successful burn.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Laptop = Lite-On DS8A4SH other Desktop drives = Lite-On DH20A1P & Plextor PX-750A (the last two are much older drives). I have other optical drives, but I quite like these ones.

I have written at various speeds right down to 2x on all media, all media is readable in all stand alone DVD players and computer DVD optical drives, including the DVD-R, DVD+R & DVDRW, but only the DVDRW discs are readable in the stand alone LG DRT389H Recorder.

I am now trying DVD Flick to see what this does, I have never used it before and I am using it with the Lite-On DH20A1P.