LG Drive Video Slow Down (LG GGC-H20L)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am new to all this so please forgive if I am asking a naive question.

I just purchased the retail version of the LG Blu-Ray/HD drive GCC-H20L. The drive installed fine and seems to be working properly. I updated the firmeware to version 1.03. I am using Cyberlink’s Ultra PowerDVD OEM version that shipped with the drive to play the Blu-Ray DVD’s.

Some disc’s play fine with no problem. Others load but stutter and slowdown and are unwatchable. These include Ironman, Face-Off, Next… I installed the trial version of AnyDVD to see if that would help - it doesn’t - but on the disc’s that do not play properly AnyDVD indicates that there is an error reading the disc.

I am at a lost. is it my drive, the software, or my rig. I know I am at the minimum system specs but since some titles play fine and others don’t I am not sure where to look next.

Any help would be appreciated…

Thanks;
Mike

Computer Info***************

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
System Model VGC-RA822G(UC)
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2004, 11/16/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.0.6001.18000”
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.13 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.24 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.00 GB
Video Card NVIDIA 8800 GTS
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys