LG ced-8080b

:smiley: Greetings from downunder:
I have an LG CED-8080B burner which has suddenly decided to not to burn cdr disks properly any more (had been ok for 2 years) I get a CLONECD error message:
“writing to cd failed, unit not ready; logical unit not ready, long write in progress (2.0 x 04: 0 x 08)”
I have reinstalled all software -(Clony and Clonecd)- and tried Nero, but the resulting copy is flawed- either quiet periods or just the error message. Normally no problems copying with either program. Fault appeared after burning a heap of backup copies of normal music cd’s . Any suggestions?
I recently bought a liteon 40125s burner and all problems now gone, so unit appears to be at fault.
thanx in advance.:bigsmile:

i “had” a 8080b but mine stoped working a few months ago and i brought it back. (they replaced it with a GCE-8240)
mine just broke from over use. (many burners die in less than a year)
i noticed this when every cd i burnt screwed up and i could never successfully install or copy any thing from the drive.

so in my opinion , it is probably dead…:wink:

Originally posted by winter_hawk87
i “had” a 8080b but mine stoped working a few months ago and i brought it back. (they replaced it with a GCE-8240)
mine just broke from over use. (many burners die in less than a year)
i noticed this when every cd i burnt screwed up and i could never successfully install or copy any thing from the drive.

so in my opinion , it is probably dead…:wink:

thanks for your reply, certainly seems that the unit is cactus. :bigsmile: