Greetings CDFreaks and Happy New Year 2009!
Thanks to ala42, author of MediaCodeSpeedEdit, we can now crossflash these LG Blu-ray drives:
BE06LU11 <> BE06LU10 <> GBW-H20L/N <> GGW-H20L/N
- There will always be a risk, e.q. power outage during flash, unstable USB connections, etc.
- Crossflashing will also void your drive's warranty. If your drive should fail after crossflashing, do not return it, instead do the right thing and purchase a new drive.
When and Why do we need crossflash?
- When you have read the warning above
- When you want to have additional features (e.q. HD DVD support)
- When you need newer firmware for better Blu-ray media support
- and so on.
Where can I get the firmwares for crossflash?
- If you are crossflashing to GGW-H20L, download the public firmware YL05 from LG and use ala42 MCSE
- If you are crossflashing to other drives, stay tune!
LG Blu-ray drives quick specs comparison:
LG Blu-ray drives supported media types, using MCSE v220.127.116.11:
Below we will demonstrate:
1. LG BE06LU11 crossflash to BE06LU10 (add HD DVD support)
2. LG BE06LU10 crossflash to GGW-H20L (more media support)
3. LG GBW-H20L crossflash to GGW-H20L (add HD DVD and more media support)