Lg blu ray burner problems solved

I’M NOT SURE IF THIS WILL HELP ANYONE BUT I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE THE GGW-H20L HDD/BLU RAY BURNER MODEL.
ANYWAY JUST FYI. I WAS HAVING A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH TRYING TO BURN BLU RAY CONTENT USING THE CYBERLINK’S DVD SUIT PRO BUNDLE. MY BURNER WAS LOCKING UP DURING THE ERASING PROCESS AS WELL AS DURING BURNING.

THEN I READ IN THIS FORUM WHERE SOMEONE DISABLED THEIR WINDOWS IMAPI PROGRAM AND THERE PROBLEMS SEEMED TO HAVE VANISHED. AFTER FOLLOWING THEIR INSTRUCTIONS IN ADDITION COMPLETELY REMOVING ANY AND ALL NERO PRODUCTS FROM MY PC. LASTELY SINCE MY 5 GYHRZ MACHINE'S CAME WITH A SATA RAN DVD BURNER I HAD TO ADD AN ADDITIONAL CONTROLLER CARD TO ATTACHED MY INTERNAL LG BLU RAY BURNER AS WELL BECAUSE BOTH THE MB'S SATA CONNECTIONS WERE TAKEN UP. 
ANYWAY I ALSO ENDED UP SWITCHING THE SATA CABLES AROUND, I MOVED THE BLU RAY TO THE MAIN BOARD AND THE DVD BURNER TO THE CONTROLLER CARD THAT I HAD INSTALLED. THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT WAS AFTER CHANGING THE SATA CABLES, WINDOWS TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO RE-REGISTER MY WINDOWS XP. SO AFTER ALL THIS I TRIED THE BURNERS ERASE FUNCTION, FLAWLESS AND A 25 GIG BLU RAY  ERASED IN SECONDS AND NOT IN MIN LIKE BEFORE.  
 ADDITIONALLY WHEN I USED MY POWER PRODUCER FROM MY CYBERLINK DVD SUIT PRO'S BUNDLE TO CREATE AN AUTHORED BLU RAY DISK WITH MOTION MENU'S AND CHAPTERS!  IT WENT PERFECT. I ADDED A 1 GBYT AVI FILE AND THE PROGRAM RENDERED THE DISK TO MY HARD DRIVE IN A FOLDER THAT I CHOSE IN A MATTER OF MIN AGAIN. BEFORE I WAS HAVING TO WAIT AT LEAST A 1 TO 2 HOURS FOR THE PROGRAM TO CREATE THE BLU RAY FOLDER. NOTE: I AM USING A 25 GYBT REWRITTIABLE DISK FROM LG AND MY BURNER'S SPEED FOR THAT IS ONLY AT X2! 
 SO WHOEVER SAID THAT THESE FORUMS ARE A WASTE OF TIME ARE OUTTA THEIR MINDS. LASTLY MY NEXT PROJECT WILL BE TO TRY AND USE THE OPTION ON MY POWER PRODUCER TO CREATE AND BURN RITE AWAY TO A DISK.   WISH ME LUCK

PS FORGIVE THE NEWBIE HERE IF I HAVE REPOSTED ANY IMFO ALREADY OUT THERE! :cop:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Congrats.
But check your CAPS LOCK, please. Using uppercase can be consider as shouting.

Congratulations!

Ok sorry about the ALL caps thing, anyway like i mentioned my next great task was to try and use the offered function in my dvd suit pro’s burning options to burn the disk and also produce a file folder. Well it was successful as well, in fact the whole process had been problem free ever since i removed that nero stuff and disabled the windows imapi stuff. I have been converting and creating all kinds of blu ray stuff. There is one thing though that i cannot understand! when i created a dvd using avi files of say a tv series i could get 5 to 7 episodes on one 4.7 gig dvd, so why then when i do the same thing on the 25 gig Blu ray i can only get the same amout of episodes. My logic is more space equals more episodes or?

What software do you use to create the Blu-rays?

I just purchased and installed the exact same drive (GGW-H20L) that I purchased from Newegg and I cannot get it to play BD for anything. It works for music and traditional (e.g. common DVDs) but when I insert a Blu Ray disc it keeps telling me there isn’t a disc in the drive (i.e. “please insert a disc in drive E”).

I’ve tried it with both (trial versions) of Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra and Corel WinDVD9, both with the same result. I’m truly at a loss here! What am I not doing in order to get my PC to play HD-DVD/BR discs?

For what it’s worth, here are my key PC specs, all up to date on both firmware and drivers:

CPU: X6800 Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2 GB Corsair
GPU: ATI 3870 output thru DVI
Monitor: Dell 2407WFP
HDD: Too many to bother typing, just lots
MoBo: EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI SPP Revision A2

Not sure what else I would need to supply in regards to info about my PC, but if I’m missing something let me know.

If I’ve not omitted anything crucial, can anyone tell me why my new LG drive will not play BDs or HD-DVD discs?

Sorry for the double-post, but I thought maybe a bit more info could prove useful. When I got the LG drive we’re talking about I removed a Lite-On DVD-RW drive and installed the LG in its place. Beyond that, nothing was different, outside of the fact that the directory/drive letters changed. And, like I said, the LG drive plays music CDs and traditional DVDs just fine, the problems only appear when I insert a BR disc.

Also, I’ve been a long time user of Slysoft’s AnyDVD and CloneDVD software. I’ve used it for years with the aforementioned drive with perfect success. Since installing this LG drive I’ve had no success…so, hope this extra information is helpful in guiding your recommendations.

P.S. - How do I check to see if I have the UDF format thingy installed, as it was mentioned previously and I haven’t been able to see if I already have it in place.

[QUOTE=joseywales;2269677]Sorry for the double-post, but I thought maybe a bit more info could prove useful. When I got the LG drive we’re talking about I removed a Lite-On DVD-RW drive and installed the LG in its place. Beyond that, nothing was different, outside of the fact that the directory/drive letters changed. And, like I said, the LG drive plays music CDs and traditional DVDs just fine, the problems only appear when I insert a BR disc.

Also, I’ve been a long time user of Slysoft’s AnyDVD and CloneDVD software. I’ve used it for years with the aforementioned drive with perfect success. Since installing this LG drive I’ve had no success…so, hope this extra information is helpful in guiding your recommendations.

P.S. - How do I check to see if I have the UDF format thingy installed, as it was mentioned previously and I haven’t been able to see if I already have it in place.[/QUOTE]

PING! Has anyone got any advice…I still cannot get this thing to play a Blu-ray movie. I don’t have any HD HVD movies to try, but not being able to play any of the 5 commercial blu-ray discs is killing me!!!

Any help is appreciated.

Joseywales, try the following to troubleshoot:

• Remove nvidia drivers and use microsoft drivers
  • Set the SATA to non-Raid mode (in BIOS)
  • Remove packet writing software such as Alcohol, Daemon Tools, Nero InCD etc.
  • Try another SATA slot
  • Test your LG drive in another PC if possible

[QUOTE=zaina;2274321]Joseywales, try the following to troubleshoot:

• Remove packet writing software such as Alcohol, Daemon Tools, Nero InCD etc.
  • Try another SATA slot
  • Test your LG drive in another PC if possible[/QUOTE]

Zaina - thanks for the input! My replies to each point…

• I am running an updated ATI Radeon 3870 GPU, so if you were referring to the video card drivers I’m using the latest Catalyst drivers. If I’m off base with your intended meaning, please let me know.
  • I am running two 75GB Raptors in Raid-0 mode (my C: drive), and have installed two other internal Seagate SATA drives and on external Maxtor drive all in standalone (non-raid) mode.
  • Packet writing software…not sure what programs I currently have installed that would qualify…:confused: There are a ton of different programs that I have installed that could be used to write to disc, so if you can explain exactly how I can determine which ones may be a suspect please do.
  • All SATA plug-ins on my mobo are used. Do you think switching them around would make a different (e.g. trading spots with another SATA device on the mobo?)?
  • I have two other computers…one is a laptop and the other is a Linux box. Obviously the lappy is out of the question, and as for the other I’m not nearly competent enough using linux to even try and get a BR drive to run on any of the distros I have access to…sorry.

Hope this helps spur more support guys…please!

Also, update on trying to play BR DVD…whenever I put a BR disc into the LG drive Cyberlink PowerDVD opens but immediately crashes. It telling me the blah-blah message of, “Cyberlink PowerDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close…” At least it’s seeing the disc now, but I still cannot play any of them :sad:

PING…

Sorry to revive the dead thread (apparently), but I’m freaking out because the drive still will not play any of the 5 Blu-ray discs that I have tried. I don’t know if it’s a software conflict, hardware conflict, if there are in fact different Blu-ray disc formats that prohibits this drive from playing Hi-Def movies (e.g. v1.0 and/or v2.0)…?

I’m just at a loss and begging for some help from this forum…:sad:

Anyone…Bueller…Bueller…

The 680i boards had some serious problems with SATA early on. Do you have the latest bios for your board? And latest chipset drivers?

You might try the free trial of WinDVD 9 and see if you have better luck on Blu Ray playback. You shouldn’t have any HDCP issues with this setup, but you might try running either Cyberlink or WinDVD HD advisor to see if there is a problem there.

Can you right click on the drive with a blu ray movie in it and explore the contents?

[QUOTE=zaina;2274321]Joseywales, try the following to troubleshoot:

• Remove packet writing software such as [B]Alcohol, Daemon Tools[/B], Nero InCD etc.
  • Try another SATA slot
  • Test your LG drive in another PC if possible[/QUOTE]

removing just those programs will not help, you have to remove SPTD that those two program reliale upon. SPTD is causing many problems both with DVD and BD drives.

Note: going from Nvidia to MS drivers will in most cases force re-activation.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2277349]The 680i boards had some serious problems with SATA early on. Do you have the latest bios for your board? And latest chipset drivers?
[/QUOTE]

I have X58 with i7 now and BH08LS20 drive, but few months ago I had 680i board with GGW-H20L drive installed the latest Nvidia drivers (SATA).

Drive was working perfectly, no problems with burning or reading. Only thing that I ran into was SPTD (component of Daemon Tools and Alcohol) was causing serious Read issues.