LG Blu Ray burner DVDFab 6.01 error

Hopefully the last request…For some reason the driver for my LG burner is not updated…Anyone have the a link for a current download of the most recent driver for the LG GGW-H20l Blu Ray burner…
The drive attached to this device is from 2001…I have the disk provided with the drive and it only wants to install useless programs?

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2430597]Hopefully the last request…For some reason the driver for my LG burner is not updated…Anyone have the a link for a current download of the most recent driver for the LG GGW-H20l Blu Ray burner…
The drive attached to this device is from 2001…I have the disk provided with the drive and it only wants to install useless programs?[/QUOTE]
touchdown_1 gave you a link in post #3 but here is another location for the firmware

StormChaser and Touchdown1…I have updated firmware, run Robot Driver which indicates that my driver for DVD/Rom and CD/Rom are current. My problem continues between DVDFAB 6.05 (updated yesterday) and newly installed LG GGW H20L optical Blu Ray drive. Read function works properly…When the program starts to write the
"reading media in Drive E" message runs continuously without writing to the blank media…Perhaps the problem is between DVDFAB and LG drive? Anyone encounter this problem…I have e-mailed LG customer support for suggestions…ready to pull the LG drive out and reinstall old drive…The drive will read disks on its own…I am using XP as the operating system…I have the Vista program disk provided by Dell… It has been suggested that I install Vista and perhaps it my help?

No one seemed to have asked so I will, do you have the UDF 2.5 or better drivers installed, seeing as you are using XP not Vista.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2431227]No one seemed to have asked so I will, do you have the UDF 2.5 or better drivers installed, seeing as you are using XP not Vista.[/QUOTE]
Sorry how do I check UDF 2.5 drivers?

here is the latest DVDFAB 6.05 error report :

Task_1 failed=400!()
Process failed

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2431227]No one seemed to have asked so I will, do you have the UDF 2.5 or better drivers installed, seeing as you are using XP not Vista.[/QUOTE]

Good point Jethro, completely overlooked that, thanks.

CarDawg to check your UDF 2.5, open common setting, green button at top of screen with white check in it, and as long as we are here, let’s check all your setting.

go to - DVD/Blu-ray >> Read >> I/O mode >> auto >. reading Error Control >> ask retry/ignore etc. >> checked >> Cache Control >> checked >> Blu-ray >> File Reading mode >> Internal (UDF 2.50 Parser +I/O).

Write >> Burn Engine >> ImgBurn (my choice) >> Blu-Ray >> Write Speed >> recommended.

Protection >> Remove AACS >> checked >> Remove RC >> checked >> region code >> A ( if in North America) >> Remove BD live >> checked >> remove UOP’s >> checked >> PathPlayer >> Enable PathPlayer when necessary >> checked.

I am hopeful this will correct the issues you are experiencing.

please if this helped.

:slight_smile:

P.S. Thanks again Jethro…:cool:

Setting changed/verified…Results remain the same…Once the disk is installed in the LG drive it automatically attempts to read it as a CD…
The problem does not appear to be DVDFab , it’s my computer which worked flawlessly before I changed the drive to LG GGW H20L… Lg support send me I nice e-mail letting me know that this device is a plug and play and offer no solutions or suggestions…
I believe it’s time to pull the plug and go back to the old cd/rom for my sanity sake…

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2431577]Setting changed/verified…Results remain the same…Once the disk is installed in the LG drive it automatically attempts to read it as a CD…
The problem does not appear to be DVDFab , it’s my computer which worked flawlessly before I changed the drive to LG GGW H20L… Lg support send me I nice e-mail letting me know that this device is a plug and play and offer no solutions or suggestions…
I believe it’s time to pull the plug and go back to the old cd/rom for my sanity sake…[/QUOTE]

Have you tried using the drive on another computer ? hopefully something didn’t go wrong when you updated the firmware :eek:

[QUOTE]I believe it’s time to pull the plug and go back to the old cd/rom for my sanity sake…

Well, I agree with a part of this sentence :clap:

It is time to pull the plug on THIS BD driver / burner, you have a lemon, is it to late to return for a refund / exchange.

this burner ( GGW - H20L) has been discontinued for a little while now, it’s replacement is GBW - H20L, still in production.

if you can trade out for this , then, that might be your best approach.

good luck CarDawg. :wink:

let us know how it goes.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2431583]Have you tried using the drive on another computer ? hopefully something didn’t go wrong when you updated the firmware :eek:[/QUOTE]
Purchased drive from newegg…In the past they are easy to work with…I loaned my other computer to a friend so no easy access to another computer…I would hate to install this drive in another computer and blow up their system!
The good news is that my other Samsung DL optical drive is working fine,So for now it’s only standard def movies…
You guys are great thanks for all the suggestions and support!

Before you give up you really should google " toshiba udf 2.5 for xp" and install the driver and see what happens.
Here is the link for the driver : http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/download.jsp?soid=1284868
Google will have the links for how to install, would post but this is the dvdfab forum. Hope this helps

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2431586]Purchased drive from newegg…In the past they are easy to work with…I loaned my other computer to a friend so no easy access to another computer…I would hate to install this drive in another computer and blow up their system!
The good news is that my other Samsung DL optical drive is working fine,So for now it’s only standard def movies…
You guys are great thanks for all the suggestions and support![/QUOTE]

I have done business with newegg many time’s.

and there have been time’s that things just did not work.

do to no fault of yours.

they are a reasonable company to work with.

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2431599]Before you give up you really should google " toshiba udf 2.5 for xp" and install the driver and see what happens.
Here is the link for the driver : http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/download.jsp?soid=1284868
Google will have the links for how to install, would post but this is the dvdfab forum. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]
I feel like i am running a race with one hurtle after another…After I attempt to run/install this program I receive an error message “unable to install on this pc”?

Run the toshiba setup, it will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You’ll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You’ll find two files:
thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select “Install”.

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.

followed directions scoured Drive temp files…no such file exists…the setup for Toshiba file exists…Unable to read individual files (per your instructions) to install. Called a friend who is and IT guy for support, even with his assistance I can not find a file name as you suggest.
the only item in temp files is the same symbol on the Toshiba download page and unable to right click to view individual files.
When I select the program file in the temp folder it attempts to install download only to receive the same error message…
It’s like a dog chasing his tale…No progress! getting dizzy though!:confused:

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2431979]followed directions scoured Drive temp files…no such file exists…the setup for Toshiba file exists…Unable to read individual files (per your instructions) to install. Called a friend who is and IT guy for support, even with his assistance I can not find a file name as you suggest.
the only item in temp files is the same symbol on the Toshiba download page and unable to right click to view individual files.
When I select the program file in the temp folder it attempts to install download only to receive the same error message…
It’s like a dog chasing his tale…No progress! getting dizzy though!:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hey CarDawg
Try running Malwarebytes (free ware) and AVG (also free ware)
on your rig.
Then try reinstalling the Toshiba drivers.
Let us know your results.
thank you.

:smiley:

When you get the CAN NOT INSTALL, DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX and go here:: C:\Documents and Settings\XXUserNameXX\Local Settings\Temp{1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

THIS IS WHERE THE TEMP FILE IS, you were looking in the wrong place.

Currently have AVG installed will try your other recommendation. I have been performing more testing with standard def disks…Drive D is the Samsung DL burner…Drive E is my LD Blu Ray burner
Drive E will read and allow me to burn on Drive D…Works great
If I attempt to Read from Drive D and burn to drive E the program locks up or I get an error message that it can not read the blank media. When I check the device manager it show drive D to be a CD player. Prior to starting the read/burn process it is indicating that the drive is a DVD/Ram drive?
What in my computer can cause this ?

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2431996]When you get the CAN NOT INSTALL, DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX and go here:: C:\Documents and Settings\XXUserNameXX\Local Settings\Temp{1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

THIS IS WHERE THE TEMP FILE IS, you were looking in the wrong place.[/QUOTE]
I believe I have it install correctly…Thanks for your patience…I was not built for computer repair/updates…I sell cars!:smiley:
I will reboot and check out the results…