LG Blu Ray burner DVDFab 6.01 error

Installed LG BD-RE GGW-H20L optical drive in Dell dual core computer. Attempted to back up DVD “GoodBuy Solo” Standard Definition DVD with …DVDfab 6.01 …Movie file is created program freezes up at the moment it attempts to begin burn. Attempted to burn on other drive TSSTCorp cd/dvd drive SH S-183L same result…Prior to install of new optical drive, DVDfab worked flawlessly…Also attempted switching drive D to E and E to D…results the same…Any thoughts?:sad:

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2429960]Installed LG BD-RE GGW-H20L optical drive in Dell dual core computer. Attempted to back up DVD “GoodBuy Solo” Standard Definition DVD with …DVDfab 6.01 …Movie file is created program freezes up at the moment it attempts to begin burn. Attempted to burn on other drive TSSTCorp cd/dvd drive SH S-183L same result…Prior to install of new optical drive, DVDfab worked flawlessly…Also attempted switching drive D to E and E to D…results the same…Any thoughts?:sad:[/QUOTE]

Hi CarDawg
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Sorry your having such a problem :frowning:
you say DVDFab was working, was this just before you installed the new BR drive ? and it was working with the TSSTCorp cd/dvd drive SH S-183L prior to the new drive was installed ?
If so did you make sure that both drives are not set to master :eek:…e.g… need one master and one slave.

SJ

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2429966]Hi CarDawg
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Sorry your having such a problem :frowning:
you say DVDFab was working, was this just before you installed the new BR drive ? and it was working with the TSSTCorp cd/dvd drive SH S-183L prior to the new drive was installed ?
If so did you make sure that both drives are not set to master :eek:…e.g… need one master and one slave.

SJ[/QUOTE]

in conjunction with what StormJumper is suggesting,you might also want to check your firmware for the LG, it should be at YL05.

I have the exact same model and I love it…here is the link for the update

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_409-file_GGW-H20L_YL05(EW).zip.html

good luck with it

:slight_smile:

Thanks guys…how do I check master/slave settings? LG firmware version?

Firmware is current…Is it possible that DVDFab is incompatible with the new drive?

Updated firmware on TSSTCORP Drive and have success with standard DVD burn…Still battling with blu ray on LG burner…Any issues with DVDFAB and 6.10 version? Should I update?

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2430011]Updated firmware on TSSTCORP Drive and have success with standard DVD burn…Still battling with blu ray on LG burner…Any issues with DVDFAB and 6.10 version? [B]Should I update?[/QUOTE][/B]
If your not using DVDFab v6050 then yes update DVDFab to the latest release
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-5-0-beta-out-299328/

upgrade appears to correct problem…thanks

stormjumper spoke to soon…When the program requests the blank media, after installed the program runs continuously wtih message reading media in drive…It will not begin the copy process…Any other suggestions?

I am using Ridata BD-R 25 GB disks

Hi cardawg, Ridata is fair to middling, it could be that one particular disc is defective,so you might try another for grins, however if the next and others fail then it can’t be just the media.

I don’t know how many disc’s you have, but verbatim BD-r is a better media.

do you have ImgBurn installed on your computer, it’s free ware and works seamlessly with DVDFab for both formats, I have supplied the link below should you wish to install it.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

another thing you should be aware of is that you can’t burn to disc from the full disc function, you can from main and clone, so if you want full disc functionality, use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner.

Thanks for the help…What does IMG stand for?

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2430277]Thanks for the help…What does IMG stand for?[/QUOTE]

ImgBurn
and there is a guide below in my signature called settings

StormJumper…I finaly give up and call the pro’s. I contacted one of my IT guys and explained the situation…I provided him remote access to my computer and we discovered the problem. My new LG Blu Ray drive is changing it’s status from a DVD/Rom to a CD/Rom in the computers device manager the moment the program DVDFab 6.05 starts to write the file to disk…A Virtual drive appears Drive K in the device manager out of now where. Once it appears my Drive E Blu ray drive changes status to CD/Rom Hench DVD Fab inability to read the disk in the drive. My IT guy attempted to change setting numerous times without success. Drive E can be changed to a DVD/Rom until the write process begins then poof…CD Rom again. He tried a Microsoft patch to correct the problem with no results…Any ideas
He also deleted the virtual drive which reappears each reboot or DVD/Fab probram start and several programs from the system that use Dameon Tools Lite, which he felt could be the problem…Very frustrating to say the least!

What does it show (exactly) in the device manager as the name of the virtual drive?

[QUOTE=CarDawg;2430455]StormJumper…I finaly give up and call the pro’s. I contacted one of my IT guys and explained the situation…I provided him remote access to my computer and we discovered the problem. My new LG Blu Ray drive is changing it’s status from a DVD/Rom to a CD/Rom in the computers device manager the moment the program DVDFab 6.05 starts to write the file to disk…A Virtual drive appears Drive K in the device manager out of now where. Once it appears my Drive E Blu ray drive changes status to CD/Rom Hench DVD Fab inability to read the disk in the drive. My IT guy attempted to change setting numerous times without success. Drive E can be changed to a DVD/Rom until the write process begins then poof…CD Rom again. He tried a Microsoft patch to correct the problem with no results…Any ideas
He also deleted the virtual drive which reappears each reboot or DVD/Fab probram start and several programs from the system that use Dameon Tools Lite, which he felt could be the problem…Very frustrating to say the least![/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend :frowning:
Not what to tell you except there is something on your system that is causing this issue, as you know touchdown_1 has the same drive and has no issue like this…maybe you and him can go over items he feels may be the problem.

SJ

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2430457]What does it show (exactly) in the device manager as the name of the virtual drive?[/QUOTE]
Drive:K AA5490XMCA875L SC51CD/rom

hey CarDawg

I don’t know if this will help or not, but I had Virtual Clone on my PC, and it did cause conflicts, until I un-installed it, since then it has been trouble free…

if you know where this virtual drive is try uninstalling again, then run ccleaner, and malwarebytes (a free spyware sweeper) and maybe run AVG as well ( a free anti- virus ), then uninstall your LG drive through device manager, reboot…

your LG will reinstall on boot up.

good luck on this

:slight_smile:

By chance do you have a usb flash drive connected to your computer?

No USB, I did uninstall Dameon Tools…I will make another attempt with DVDFab 6.05…thanks for the help…You Guys Rock!:wink: