LG BH16NS40 Crossflashed now its Dead

I do appreciate your help and time trying to revive the drive. Your assumption is correct, the ROM is damaged or some electrical corruption damaged the the electronics. Initially, when crosse-flashed it worked for a while, and than it stopped reading. I recrossed back to ASUS and it also worked for a while and then it stopped reading.
Cheers :slight_smile:

Hey Guys,

I had the same issues with my BH16NS40 (RoHs manufactered 2014)
I could fix it with the help of @ TwinParadox
Thanks a lot!
From this point i could install the original firmware from LG (ver. 1.03-A0)
But from now i just can read DVDs/CDs
With my second drive BH16NS55 i can open Blurays

How could this be?
Any solutions or ideas?

Sorry, misread. Hope you get this solved.

Hello @TwinParadox

Would you be able to send me another copy of this as the zippyfile has expired

Im looking to fix my BH16NS40 (SVC NS40) , I can flash firmware but it wont read so I think it may be a calibration issue?

It was flashed with the SVC NS50 firmware accidentally

Thanks

You need first a valid backup firmware dump of your original unit in order to restore the calibration data.

But I’ve erased any links I had before and I don’t get new ones (I have not any BH16NS40 firmware anymore).

try this check first if its really the thing needed i dont remmember anymore bh16ns40.bin (2 MB)

You really wrecked the drive. Dead end.

thank you, ill give it a go.

thanks for responding. ill give it one last go with the firmwares.

one more question?

is it too late to do a firmware dump if its already been crossflashed

Use 1st de modified flasher under Windows
If does not work try under pure dos or with Winpe

I’ve made the same mistake and solve it with one of those methods dont remember witch one

I believe is too late too make a dump

The windows flashers will not work for this. This is what you should do.

1. Use dosflash to create a dump of the current firmware. (This is needed as it should still have the valid calibration data etc).

2. Use the EEPROM data mover to move the calibration data over to the NS40 firmware that submancm provided for you, which will result in a new NS40 firmware for YOUR drive.

3. Use dosflash to flash that newly created firmware to your drive.

Your drive should now have NS40 firmware with your drive calibration data on it and should work as before.

Good luck!