LG BH16NS40 Crossflashed now its Dead

vbimport

Hello everyone,
my English is not so Good but i hope you can help me.
I Have an LG BH16NS40 Burner and i Flashed it with BH16NS40(1.03-A0)-patched file from this forum.
I taked a LGBH16NS55 firmware.bin file from this forum and flashed it with the Patched flasher.
Windows shows me now the new Burner LGNH16NS55 but he dont read nothing now.
I Tried it again with a Original Dump file.bin from this forum but now it says: CheckSum is mismatched. Drive will go to Boot mode. Please retry again.
And it happens nothing.
Please can someone Help me?

DosFlash V2.0 patched to support BH16NS40/BH16NS55 drives

A factory or installer for LG BH16NS40 2-gen. SVC Code NS50
firmware 1.02 is not able to restore the correct Fimware?
http://www.cdrinfo.pl/bios/16276134700

Hi,
no it says: Valid ATAPI device can not be found!!!

I do not have a version of the bin. for this model.
Ask a colleague to [B]@KTL[/B] clicked with your model.

Hello again,

i have original BH16NS40.bin dump file but he dont Flash the bin with the Patched Installer.
I dont know how to get back on my Original BH16NS40 Firmware

If the installer does not install correctly copy the firmware on your drive that appears damaged ROM drive which is very possible after uploading of inappropriate software.
How you are uploading and the copy of the software?

The Device is Original a LG BH16 NS40 and i found here in this forum a Thread that sayes the BH16 NS55 has the same Hardware.
So i found here a Firmware backup file for the BH16 NS55 and used the Patched Flasher for LG BH16 NS40 that i can flash .bin files.
Then i used the Flasher and i flashed the BH16 NS55 Firmware .bin file over my device.
All was success and i restarted my Computer. He shows me now LG BH16NS55 but the drive dont read nothing.
No CD, DVD or BD.
Then i tried to go back to my Original Firmware for LG BH16NS40 i have.bin file for it with Original 1.03 Firmware but it dont work.
Ever the same error: CheckSum is mismatched. Drive will go to Boot mode. Please retry again

Try your copy of the software - firmware upload program DosFlash V2.0

The DosFlash Software dont work on my Computer i have Windows 10 Home64 and i cant install the Portio64.sys i tried alot but it dont work for me :frowning:

You need to find a computer that will work correctly with DosFlash V2.0. Top running XP \ Win 7 32bit.

[QUOTE=Capone183;2785890]
I Have an LG BH16NS40 Burner and i Flashed it with BH16NS40(1.03-A0)-patched file from this forum.
I taked a LGBH16NS55 firmware.bin file from this forum and flashed it with the Patched flasher.
Windows shows me now the new Burner LGNH16NS55 but he dont read nothing now.
I Tried it again with a Original Dump file.bin from this forum but now it says: CheckSum is mismatched. Drive will go to Boot mode. Please retry again.
And it happens nothing.
Please can someone Help me?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that your BH16NS40 drive is a service code (SVC) NS50 drive (basically, unless it clearly says SVC NS50 on the label, your drive is a normal NS40 drive not an NS50)?

If your drive is a normal BH16NS40 (not one with the NS50 service code) then you can’t crossflash it to an NS50 class drive. NS40 and NS50 drives use different hardware. Only NS40 drives which say SVC NS50 on the label can be flashed with a NS50/NS55/NS58 firmware. That is because NS40 drives with SVC NS50 are actually NS50 type drives not NS40, even though for some idiotic reason LG confusingly enough still branded them as NS40 drives (but on the label they say SVC NS50)… Any other NS40 drive that doesn’t state SVC NS50 on the label, is a standard NS40 drive, i.e. a true NS40 drive, not an NS50 drive, and none of these can be crossflashed to an NS50 type.

Also note that firmware dumps made with DevilsClaws’s flasher are raw dumps, and they cannot be flashed to a drive without first manually processing the raw firmware to turn it into a flashable firmware!

Post a copy of your original firmware dump and I will make it flashable for you. That will also tell us if your drive is really an NS50 drive.

PS. I just spotted in one of your later posts your “LG BH16NS40 i have.bin file for it with Original 1.03 Firmware” statement. Since I think that the newest NS50 firmware is v1.02, that might suggest that your drive is a standard BH16NS40 (not the NS50 SVC version). In that case you will have to flash it back with a standard BH16NS40 firmware such as 1.03-A0 or better still the 1.03-C0 firmware (latest one). Post your dump and that will clarify things. Once I know what drive you have, I’ll post the correct *.bin firmware for you, which you can flash using the same unlocked flasher you used the first time around.

Hello CVS,
okay then i think i failed at all.
I have not my own Firmware backup, but i found one here in this Forum that might be the same as i have had.
This is what i downloaded:
https://mega.nz/#!jMJBiSZY!fcmGbs6t0oQx5KKUYIjYYIaW2A-ucFpAuQx2a8uAzvE

I Hope you can help me.

Thanks @ all and Merry Christmas

PS: Ok i think then i have the Normal NS40 because my Original Was 1.03

[QUOTE=Capone183;2785943]Hello CVS,
okay then i think i failed at all.
I have not my own Firmware backup, but i found one here in this Forum that might be the same as i have had.
This is what i downloaded:
https://mega.nz/#!jMJBiSZY!fcmGbs6t0oQx5KKUYIjYYIaW2A-ucFpAuQx2a8uAzvE

I Hope you can help me.

Thanks @ all and Merry Christmas

PS: Ok i think then i have the Normal NS40 because my Original Was 1.03[/QUOTE]

OK, assuming that you’ve got a normal NS40 drive (you can check the drive’s label to be sure - if you can’t see anything on the label that says SVC code NS50, then you’ve got a normal NS40 drive), then flash this file: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/UgMpJbqB/file.html

That is the latest BH16NS40 firmware. The files you linked above are OK, but because it is older, that package doesn’t include the latest BH16NS40 1.03-C0 firmware.

You can use the same unlocked flasher you used before.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Hi,
i tried your new file with the BH16NS40(1.03-A0)-patched.
The Program Still say : CheckSum is mismatched. Drive will go to Boot mode. Please retry again.

[QUOTE=Capone183;2785949]Hi,
i tried your new file with the BH16NS40(1.03-A0)-patched.
The Program Still say : CheckSum is mismatched. Drive will go to Boot mode. Please retry again.[/QUOTE]

OK, since the firmware that I posted is 100% correct (original firmware, extracted from LG flasher) the issue must be with the drive/flasher combination which now refuses to flash the NS40 firmware on a drive which thinks itself to be a NS50.

Probably the only way to revert back given this situation would be to use Dosflash. It has been used successfully to recover from situations like the one you’re into and even worse ones.

Have a look at the last few posts in this thread which describe a similar situation (by using Dosflash under Windows on a supported computer/OS combination): http://club.myce.com/f87/asus-bw-16d1ht-334054/

Also it is worth having a look at this post (using Dosflash under DOS via a bootable USB stick): http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-bh16ns50-bh16ns55-2nd-gen-bh14-wh14-bh16-wh16ns40-svc-code-ns50-2015-a-340457/#post2774830

Getting Dosflash to work is a bit of a pain, since you have to use the right hardware/software/controller setting combination for it to work, but at this time, that’s probably the only chance. Maybe try connecting the drive to an older computer ideally in IDE mode, and/or running an older 32 bit OS as czary2mary1 suggested?

This is what a label on a BH16NS40 as a NS40 drive look like.

Hello everyone,
first i have to Thank you all for so much support thats really nice from you.
Ok then i will try it with DosFlash again, because actually i have Windows 10 Home 64bit and i dont know if my hardware is compatible its an X99 chipset system.
I can try to install Windows XP 32 bit but i dont know if this work with this Computer.
Ok then i will try it now and will write to you my result.
Greetings from Germany

Hi everyone,
one Year later and i have still the Problem.
I used the dosflasher but he say , Unknown flash chip.
Nothing work.
Is there a chance to save the device or is it destroyed?
Thx

You have to use a specific DOSFlash version (under pure Dos) which I’ve modified for a similar issue on my BH16NS55 (NS50 code).

You need to use a stick drive with Rufus and making it DOS bootable. Then copy in the root dir the dosflash files of this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10IUtW4xE9e36yAyS5Zcb0hUWGBmhRBo0/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you fix it.

Edit. I’ve also a X99 system, you have to set Sata ports as IDE and the LG device must be connected to the primary port to be properly detected.

Hi,
thank you ok i tried your dosflash but it dont work.
I changed in UEFI to IDE Mode but he cant find any device.
I show you some pictures.