LG BH14NS40 14X Blu-ray Writer $79.99 at Fry's

vbimport

The LG BH14NS40 Blu-ray writer is on sale at Fry’s for $79.99.

The paper ad suggests 14x Blu-ray writer, but it does not say what model. I can confirm that it is indeed the Retail box for the newest LG series Blu-ray writers, supporting BDXL.

This is one deal you shouldn’t miss, considering the retail model is over $110 everywhere online.

Best Buy has it for $99.99 in case you are wondering as well, and it is not listed on their ad or website.

At Frys its now $129.99 but at bestbuy its $99.99. Here is link.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-433333759101002939&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&st=lg+BH14NS40

Just when you thought 12x was the final word on blu ray recording speed…
also, they don’t seem to include those other functions such as bdxl (100+gb discs) and the more powerful lasers which can erase (destroy) dvds or write to the new “DURABLE” discs with new longer lasting substrate materials (not organic dye based). So, what’s the point in having a couple of minutes faster writing time?

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2639720]Just when you thought 12x was the final word on blu ray recording speed…
also, they don’t seem to include those other functions such as bdxl (100+gb discs) and the more powerful lasers which can erase (destroy) dvds or write to the new “DURABLE” discs with new longer lasting substrate materials (not organic dye based). So, what’s the point in having a couple of minutes faster writing time?[/QUOTE]

The picture bestbuy has and specs. are incorrect-It has m-disk ,bd-r xl, bd-re dl/xl(3layers) . I had a Gift card so I picked up one at best buy on Saturday.
I have not installed it as I am building a new desktop in a few days.

The teac drive is a better choice.

Which Teac drive are you referring to, chef?

This one: http://www.teac.eu/de/digital-media/blu-ray/bd-w512sa/

Thanks, chef! That drive looks very compelling, and I’ve been a fan of TEAC drives over the years. Looks like it’s an exciting time to be in the market to pick up a Blu-ray burner, especially with all of these new and affordable XL-capable models being launched this year. Now if only the media itself weren’t so darn expensive… :doh:

[QUOTE=chef;2640866]This one: http://www.teac.eu/de/digital-media/blu-ray/bd-w512sa/[/QUOTE]

I do not believe that drive is available in the USA.

No idea where scotton is situated, but these days its kinda unimportant because of the world wide wait.

[QUOTE=chef;2641115]No idea where scotton is situated, but these days its kinda unimportant because of the world wide wait.[/QUOTE]

I am located in queens, new york city . The teac is not available in the USA. I had a gift card so I bought that drive in bestbuy as the sale at frys had ended. Thanks .

Chef
why do you think the teac is a better choice?

The TEAC is a re-badged Pioneer drive if I’m not mistaken.

Just curious, how do you determine whether a drive is rebadged or not?

Judging from the picture in the link provided above, the top of the drive cover is 100% identical to that of a Pioneer BDR drive. I do believe the one above could be a Pioneer BDR-2207 with its BDXL support.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up!

Not only from the pic …that would be too easy and not competing I think.

But there are some freaks which disaasemble drives to get the info about PUH and chipsets. :wink:

So the TEAC 512 should be a really good value for money!

[B]How does it work, scotton?[/B]