LG BH10LS30 - can't mount BD-R DL discs!

vbimport

Hi,

I’m using windows 7 32 bit and I want to use the blu-ray discs for data backup. The 25GB single layer discs work fine, but when I insert a 50GB it just makes a clicking noise in the drive and never mounts. I have tried several verbatim BD-R DL (hardcoat, whatever that means), and also several mitsubishi kagaku discs and none of them work. Any ideas? It’s driving me nuts. The drive is new, as is the windows install.

Thanks in advance
Scott

Just use a proper burning app like Imgburn or Nero.

I am having the same problem, but I suspect my problem is crappy/counterfeit japan verbatim discs from ebay.

VERBAT-IMd-100 6x BD-R DL 50gb media
BH10LS30 drive
1.00-06 speedpatched firmware currently (about to upgrade to 1.00-07 or -09 to see if it helps)

The discs are not recognized when inserted. I can eject and load a bunch of times and some times they work and sometimes not. I’m in the middle of a verifying a disc from one of the instances where it loaded the disc, and even re-loaded it allow the verify in imgburn.

RITEK BD-R SL 8x RITEK-BR2-00 discs load just fine

and now that the burn is finished, verify passed, and the burned disc seems to load every single time i eject and reload it, both with and without anydvd running.

time to retest with the other ebay discs, then try the firmware upgrade

Updating firmware from 1.00-06 to 1.00-09 has fixed all the problems, all these japanese Verbatim discs are loading endless and without problem. They’re actually legit, not counterfeits.

Now i’ve just got to figure out how to remove the riplock with this new firmware and I’m all set

[QUOTE=brainsoft;2560656]
Now i’ve just got to figure out how to remove the riplock with this new firmware and I’m all set[/QUOTE]

You really think there is one and you can defeat it then??

I thought that is what I was reading, buy running mcse on the new firmware just results in the drive going into safemode until i re-flash it with the unmodified firmware.

Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=brainsoft;2560656]Updating firmware from 1.00-06 to 1.00-09 has fixed all the problems, all these japanese Verbatim discs are loading endless and without problem. They’re actually legit, not counterfeits.

Now i’ve just got to figure out how to remove the riplock with this new firmware and I’m all set[/QUOTE]
And where pray tell did you get this 1.00-09 firmware? I would like to try it. :flower:

um… it’s at that other site, lemme see if I can find it again

cvs posted it at rpc1.org in the “new firmware” thread

[QUOTE=brainsoft;2562151]cvs posted it at rpc1.org in the “new firmware” thread[/QUOTE]

Having a look at the BluRay firmware announcement thread is known to help … :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=chef;2557351]Just use a proper burning app like Imgburn or Nero.[/QUOTE]
thanks for replying but it’s got nothing to do with the burning software. I’ve tried a lot of different software. the blu-ray drive won’t recognize the dual layer disc, so it won’t even get to the point of being able to USE any burning software. When the disc is inserted into the drive it won’t mount, it just clicks and clicks and sometimes requires the power to be turned off the computer to release the disc. This only happens with BD Dl discs. all others work fine

FIXED!. a firmware update from 1.00-00 to 1.00-09 has, for the first time, enabled me to mount a DL disc. I tracked down the firmware via another site, which i can’t now remember, but here is the address of the firmware. Hope this helps other people with the same frustrations I’ve had. http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1757-file_BH10LS30_1.00-09.exe.html . running the exe installed the firmware.

So, that was a nasty firmware bug then…