Lg bh10ls30 bd-r lth problem

vbimport

after i got done converting a movie i used avs to start burning the movie the disc i used was vertabim bd-r lth 25gb and after about 10 mins into burning the movie message error came up saying caused by bad quality disc or disc incompatible with drive can anyone please help me or is there different firmware for this drive to support it I am bugging out it burned fine when i used the regular bd-r discs but then i tried these and that came up thanks alot

I have this drive, and I’m using Verbatim LTH discs. I burned two so far, no problem with Imgburn. I am using them as data backup storage.

I believe these discs are compatible with your drive as they are for the BH10NS30. All burners that are compatible only have a proven compatibility when they do not burn discs faster than a 2x speed for Verbatim LTH, as far as I know.

Best regards,

Lee

Maybe just bad luck with an excessively dirty disk?

Try using Imgburn - it seems to be the most reliable burning software I’ve used. And simple. :).

I have a problem with my LG BH10LS30, first discs I purchased are Verbatim LTH 2x 25GB.
But none of the software I have seem to recognise the media.
IMGBURN say that the tray is closed but no media.
I have tried all 10 discs that I have but none are recognised.

Does anyone have any ideas?

^You can look for a firmware update for your drive. One way of doing that is within ImgBurn. Go to Tools–>Drive–>Check for Firmware Update.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2545564]^You can look for a firmware update for your drive. One way of doing that is within ImgBurn. Go to Tools–>Drive–>Check for Firmware Update.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried that, it says no updates for the drive.

Been trying for over 3 hours now, it’s driving me mad. Every now and again IMGBURN will say Disc Not Empty. These discs are brand new and I’ve not writen anything to them.

Don’t know if it has any to do with it but I’m running Windows 7 64 bit

Anyone any more ideas?

[QUOTE=jonkong;2545574]Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried that, it says no updates for the drive.

Anyone any more ideas?[/QUOTE]

Checking the firmware update thread for firmware updates is often known to help :bigsmile:

First we need to know what firmware you’ve currently got on your drive.
Run the 1.00-06 firmware updater from here: http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=category&id=1864

It will tell you what your current firmware version is, something like 1.00-0x … that x digit being the important one … once you know what your firmware version is you can safely exit the program without actually updating the drive.

If your firmware is earlier than 1.00-07 you’re in luck …

NOTE: The firmware dump I provided in the firmware announcement thread can be flashed using Devilsclaw’s Flasher (you only need to flash the main firmware, flashing the core part is not necessary/indicated).

On the other hand, LTH media is known for creating problems and/or being of very poor quality … my advice: use better, non-LTH media …

Thanks for the replies, I ran the firmware updater, it looks like I’m out of luck as the firmware on my drive is 1.00.07.

Looks like I’ll just have to keep the £20 verbatim and get some other disc that work. Anybody have views on the best discs.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same drive, and I burned about 9 Verbarim LTH disc without a single problem. Please try some other BD-R media and let us know does Your drive recognise them.

[QUOTE=zivija;2545639]I have the same drive, and I burned about 9 Verbarim LTH disc without a single problem. Please try some other BD-R media and let us know does Your drive recognise them.[/QUOTE]

So did I. No issues at all.

as have i today with a brand new drive

[QUOTE=jonkong;2545574]Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried that, it says no updates for the drive.

Been trying for over 3 hours now, it’s driving me mad. Every now and again [B]IMGBURN will say Disc Not Empty. These discs are brand new and I’ve not writen anything to them.[/B]

Don’t know if it has any to do with it but I’m running[B] Windows 7 64 bit[/B]

Anyone any more ideas?[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with windows 7.

where did you buy the disc? if its from ebay you might have either gotten a conterfeit product or used product that someone else failed to burn.

if you got it from a retail store, take the disc back for refund.

Another thing to look out for, because of how dense blu-ray records, make sure that disc are perfectly clean. absolutly no finger prints, no dust etc…

about the computer check the following:

1. plug it in to onboard SATA controller, don’t use PCI or PCI-E SATA expansion cards, often these cards cause problems
  2. try replacing the SATA cable, it can go bad sometimes
  3. use AHCI mode, google for instructions how to switch, if you don’t know the instructions, your computer will not boot.

I think that this is media problem. If Your drive works OK with all other BD-R except LTH. Try necrosoft13’s advices, and if nothing helps, try to refund.