Guys and gals, I gotta say that I been impressed with my LG since I got it in Feb 2005 based on the reviews in this site. I have been burning mostly cheaper YUDEN000T02 verbatim pastels with it, which I have been getting for $0.82 here in singapore, which is probably $0.50 US. But recently I got bored of giving people episodes on DVD which they watch once then throw away. Why give these on expensive media… So I went and bought a spindle of AN32 media… OMG what a shock!!!
So for the benefit of you CD Freaks out there, I thought I’d show some scans burned by several different burners of this (thouroughly unimpressive) :Z media. (this is in the LG forum for a good reason )
We’ll start with a scan of a Yuden000T02 burned by the LG 4163b @ 8x @ A103
Then there are 5 AN32 burns:-
- burned by Pioneer A07XL @ 8x (Hacked Firmware) burn failed at 15% no scan
- burned by Pioneer 106 @ 4x burn completed but scan failed half way
- burned by Pioneer 108 @ 2x qual 15% huge (near 2000) PIE PIF and POF
- burned by BenQ 1620 @ 4x qual 25% huge (near 2000) PIE PIF and POF
- burned by LG4163b @ 4x qual 79% large (near 500) PIE and no POF
The LG was the only burner to have a reasonabe quality level and no POF errors. The PIE errors still maxed out at 500, though…
Seriously crappy media, I would only give it away, but it sure shows the colours of the different DVD burners. The LG killed all the other burners.