LG BE06LU10 and Traxdata blu-ray REs - any known problems?

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG BE06LU10. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Hi, I’ve recently bought an LG BE06LU10 and a pack of 10 Traxdata RE blu-rays. Â Out of the box of 10, only two of them worked - the others were reported by the drive as having servo errors, or not being writeable. Â Has anyone else had this experience? Â I don’t know whether it’s the drive or the media… and obviously don’t want to spend lots more money on discs! Any feedback gratefully accepted :smiley:

hi there i have the lg ggw-h20l and i also bought a 10 pack of traxdata discs and i got 3 good burns 3 failed burns and the other 4 were showing up as not being bd-r discs i fond out that traxdata is not compatable with lg

That sounds bad.

What MID do they have?

[QUOTE=chef;2239039]That sounds bad.

What MID do they have?[/QUOTE]

Most likely RITEK.BW1.

I’ve found out that there’s a firmware update for the LG drive that’s supposed to improve the write strategy - their words, not mine! I’ll give that a go when I get a chance, so maybe I’ll have more luck when that’s installed. Not sure what MID means - I’m a newbie to all this :slight_smile:

Thanks for the messages.

G

[QUOTE=Graham C;2240084] Not sure what MID means - I’m a newbie to all this :-)[/QUOTE]

In this thread here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/mediarange-bd-re-any-feedback-255078/
I posted the list of the BD-RE MID codes that are listed in the YL03 and YL05 firmwares of the LG GGW-H20L burner.
Your LG BE06LU10 burner is the external version of this one

In both firmwares the « RITEK-BW1-000 » code has[B] 3 entries[/B] for the 2x speed.
I dont’ know why 3 entries are needed to make it work … or not work properly