LG BD370: pause/stop and resume where you left off

I just moved from using my PS3 ad my primary BluRay player to an LG BD370.

I’m baffled (and embarassed) by my inability to figure out something as simple as how to resume play after stopping the disc.

If I press stop while watching a movie discs start back at the very beginning (FBI warning) when play is pressed. Same thing happens if movie is paused for more than a couple minutes.

Am I missing something really obvious or do I have a defective unit?
Never experienced this issue with the PS3…

Thanks.

Any BD disc with BD-JAVA navigation (most current discs) cannot be resumed. This is by design and has nothing to do with the player. You have to create a bookmark using the disc’s software.

Thanks, CDan.
Well, I learned something!
Guess I need to investigate that bookmark feature…

Hello again for anyone who is still out there…

I continue to struggle a bit with my new LG player. (And I swear I’m tech-savvy, so this is really annoying…).

I’ve watched about 3 different discs now and on all three the bookmark feature seems to be unavailable. When I press “marker” while watching the movie (or in the “search” screen), all it get is the “not available here” icon.

Driving me nuts not to be able to resume where I left off without manually remembering what chapter I was in.

(For what it’s worth, I think I may have a defective unit, for, unrelated to the above, the screen randomly goes blank and no buttons on the remote work - necessitating having to manually turn the player on and off again. This also has happened on several discs).

[QUOTE=CDan;2283733]Any BD disc with BD-JAVA navigation (most current discs) cannot be resumed. This is by design and has nothing to do with the player. You have to create a bookmark using the disc’s software.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the user cannot do this. That has to be done at the original disc authoring stage - only the mastering house which authored the disc can do so.

Thanks.

Well, I’ll keep my BluRay player, but remain beyond annoyed that I can no longer resume a disc where I left off because I have to go pee or finish it the next day. Beyond pathetic…