LG 8525 or Liteon 52327S?

vbimport

Well…I’m thinking of building a new system and not sure which CDRW burner to put in and since I haven’t been keeping up with the latest and greatest burners out there I was hoping that some of you might be able to provide some advice.

Currently, I have an LG 8520 and it has worked wonderfully for me. I would keep it except that my new tower case is black and I want to get a cd burner with a black front bezel. I’ve owned many LG burners in the past as they are very popular here in Canada. I don’t buy games as much as I used to but when I do, most of them have SD based protection and the LG’s I’ve owned never had a problem burning them (use a LTD 166 for reading). However, I’ve been reading a few posts here and was surprised to read how much a lot of the members do not like the LG burners.

So are the LG’s that bad when it comes to backing up the latest and greatest copy protections? Or are they ok as long as I continue to use my Liteon LTD 166S to do the reading?

LiteOn’s CD burners have always been excellent with copy protection… but, um, with DVD burners costing only a little bit more than CD burners nowadays, why not just get one of those? :slight_smile:

I’ve found that the DVD Burners I like aren’t necessarily the best CD burners. I have a Benq DW1620 which I love as a DVD Burner but it’s a pretty bad when it comes to CD burning…

Absolutely correct. Use a DVD writer for DVDs & a CD writer for CDs. That was the only way I could get CD-R to play in my car stereo (plus decent media).
I use an old Liteon 32123S which works fine , but I don’t have to do much(anything really) with CD protection.