LG 5163D Won't burn DVD's

Help!!! Bought a new LG external 5163D, it works on the CD’s just fine but when I put in a brand new DVD+R, it says no disk or disk is full. Have no clue what to do. I bought more RAM and installed that but no change. I’m trying to burn a home movie onto DVD but it just isn’t working. Please can someone help. Thanks!

What brand/speed is that new DVD+R that you used?

I bought a case of Verbatim DVD+R 16x from Sam’s Club. I’ve tried 2 of them so far.

What software are you using to burn those Verbatims?

The only thing I have gotten to burn is to format a cdrw through windows, the other software i’m using to make a dvd is movie factory, although i have also tried through windows movie maker and even just formatting through windows, with no luck.

That might be the problem then. Windows XP can burn cd’s, but not dvd’s. Movie factory may have a problem with the LG. You can try writing the dvd to a hard disc folder, then burn that as a DVD-Video with Nero or any other burning program.

Thanks for the info, seems like a lot of extra work just to burn a dvd. If I knew it would be this much trouble I would’ve saved my money and the last 2 weeks of my time but I’ll give that a try and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Actually, it’s not that hard. Most of us burn using Nero. If you give it a try, you’ll see that it is probably one of the easiest programs to use to burn disks. Nero often comes bundled together with most new LG drives at the moment so it’s usually the first thing everyone installs to use the drive.

Well I tried Nero Express and it gave me a message that the wmv file was not a dvd type file - so I used Power Producer to open the file and then burn it and it worked fine. Just a lot of steps to get the final product. Thanks for everyone’s help. I really appreciate it.