LG 4163b Read Problem

vbimport

You guys seem to know what you are talking about, so I’ll ask my question here.

I recently bought an LG-4163b DVD-Writer. I was able to install it as the master, and my Lite-On CD-Writer as the secondary. The drive burns alright, and seems to be working ok. I’m running Windows XP Professional.

However, I have a problem that I have never seen before in any CD Drive. When I first boot windows, and insert a DVD into the drive it reads it fine (although slowly, which seems to be normal from reading the CD-Freaks review). However, if I take out the disc, and insert a different one, it reads the CD I had previously inserted. So, for example, the lights will come on that show that it is reading the disc, but when I go into My Computer and the E: drive, it reads both the size of the disc and its contents as the previous disk.

This seemed like a Cache problem, so I uninstalled the cache management program I used, Cacheman. This did nothing. I also flashed the Drive to A102 (I hadn’t seen A103 yet) and this did nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas, because this is really quite perplexing (and annoying)…

I don’t know, but maybe you disabled the drive’s autorun, that’s why?

Just Bumpin’

I’m sure someone here has an idea?

Shabadoo,

are you using the A103 FW yet?

If not, look here: http://jp.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp