[LG 4163B] Problems with DVD+RWs/CD-RWs

Hey,

I’ve got a problem with my LG DVD-Writer (version 4163B, A106).
The damn beast doesn’t recognize DVD+RWs/CD-Rws anymore (he refuses to delete them “no RW-medium”, but it’s still possible to burn them as usual DVDs/CDRs - they can still be deleted at other PCs afterwards…)

I use Nero 7.8.5 and Alcohol 1.9.x, both relativly new and good, but now, from one day to the other, they both fail, so I don’t think, that it’s the burning software’s fault.
The RWs I tried worked both fine with this drive before (one Philips CD-RW and one Ricoh DVD-RW), so it also isn’t the disc…

Does anyone know what to do? Thanks in advance!

Hi again >>Flash<< :slight_smile: (I replied to your SATA thread too!)

Since you have Alcohol, try this:

Go into Alcohol’s Settings, and under Emulation, make sure “Ignore Media Type” is not checked.

The 4163B is a classic drive :wink:

I changed that Alcohol-setting, and it’s working again, thanks!
(Now i’ll never again be able to say that I never had an alcohol-related problem…) :smiley:
But at least i’m a bit confused - this setting was always on and long time, I had no problems with it (secuROM new had to be fooled…) - no idea, why it mattered from one day to the other…

The 4163B is a classic drive

Yes - that’s why I bought it ~2 years ago, silent, fast, no problems, cheap, I was totally pleased with it… now one of my two problems with it is solved, hope that the other one will follow…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=225317

[QUOTE=>>Flash<<]
(Now i’ll never again be able to say that I never had an alcohol-related problem…) :D[/QUOTE]

Hahaha :bigsmile:

Glad it’s working again :iagree:…and yep, when I got my 4163B, I wish I’d bought a spare one too :doh: