Hi, I’m a newbie regarding DVD burning, so that’s my problem.
I have a brand new LG 4160B DVD burner, I have installed, recognized by BIOS and Windows XP SP2 as DVD-RAM drive. Firmware is A301.
I’m able to read CDs, DVD-ROM without any problems. Didn’t try yet to play a DVD movie.
Problem is when I try to burn an DVD compilation (4.4 GB) using Nero 188.8.131.52, it starts to caching files and got stuck, frozen at all. Not able to kill the process nor eject the DVD-R. Also try with DVD-RW and same problem. Only way to eject disc is to reset PC, or shutdown Windows but it takes so long, that a cold reset is faster.
Same problem appears when try to simulate burning.
When I was trying to burn a full CD, burning completes but verification failed, too many read errors, however only one test using CD.
My system is
Windows XP Professional SP2 Spanish
Athlon XP 2600+ Barton
1 GB DDR RAM
HDD 120 GB ATA133 Master primary IDE
HDD 80 GB ATA 100 Slave primary IDE
Sony CRX300E Combo CD writer / DVD-ROM master secondary IDE
LG 4160B DVD writer slave secondary IDE
LG writer is detected by BIOS as UDMA 4. (66 MB/S)
Sony DVD-ROM is detected by BIOS as UDMA 2 (33 MB/S).
Before LG writer on same bay and same configuration was installed a generic 52X CD-ROM working fine.
I believe that I have different possibilities in order to solve my problem (I hope):
- Try to reinstall Nero 184.108.40.206
- Try to install Nero 6.3.X.X
- Try to install Nero Express (bundled with burner).
- Try to upgrade firmware (void warranty ???).
- Try a different EIDE cable, of course 80 conductor one.
- Switch the Sony DVD-ROM and the writer so that the LG is the master and not the slave.
- Try only LG writer as master on cable and no slave.
- Try the drive in a different machine ( don’t have enough time to do it).
- May be take a look on Nero log (don’t know where to search for).
Any idea would be nice.
Thanks in advance,