LG 4082B Burning speed problem

Hi I hope some one can help :confused: :confused:

I Own a LG 4082B Drive.
I have always been able to burn at 4x (15 mins for full dvd)

I have recently purchased various types of 8x dvd-r and dvd+r (datawrite and bulpaq)

When i go to burn in nero the speed selection displays 8x (yippee) :smiley:

BUT:

When the burn process is in motion the remaining time is correct (around 7-8 mins full dvd) it takes around 15 mins still to burn a full dvd.

So today i updated the firmware from A201 to A206 hoping this would solve the problem - but - no i have just finished buring a dvd at 8x (so nero says) and it took 15 mins.

I work within the computer industry but this has really baffeled me.
This doesn;t make any sense to me at all :confused: :confused:

Any help would be appreciated

here is my spec:

NERO 6.3.1.6
WINDOWS XP PRO
AMD 3200 64bit processor
ASUS K8v SE Deluxe motherboard
LG GSA - 4082B DVD RAM Drive
LG 52x CDRW
1024MB DDR 400 Ram
256MB FX52000 GRAPHICS CARD

ALL THE BEST

LIAM

What are the media codes of the disks you were trying to use?

My guess is your 8X media is not compatible/certified with LG, therefore it still burn at 4X even though you can select 8X in the software. This is quite normal for a LG writer, they simply don’t support some cheap media (vs. Pioneer for DVD-R).

I own a LG 4082B myself and I just have to be careful when it comes to choosing blank disks.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

As you ise the same drive have you got any 8x dvd-r’s you have used sucessfully. A list would be good if you could then i can see of which my suppliers sell

Thanks in advance

Liam

Personally my only 8X -R experience is with Verbatim DLP 8X minus. They burn and play fine, but avg. PI scan is between 40 - 50. So I went back to Verbatin DLP 4X, which I can have almost perfect scan, PI 4-5. I also heard with firmware A206 Ritek G05 is finally supported.

For +R at 8X, I have success with both Ricoh and Ritek (R03).

With this LG drive, I would not consider using any brands below Ritek
:slight_smile:
Check here
to see what other media people are having success with LG 4082B. I am afraid 8X meida is still relatively un-common.