LG 4040 or Pioneer 106

what would you choose? :eek:

Hi lrmmf and welcome aboard,

As with all choices, you can’t simply base them on capabilities of the different options, but you need to consider the targets as well.

So my question: what do you want to use your drive for? What aspects are important to you, and what aspects aren’t?

If you tell us a little more, we may be able to help you…

Hi,

i don’t pretend to use it has a principal DVD or CD player, since i have an LG 52x24x52 and i’m going to buy a DVD-rom, i pretend to use it to make some hmm backups, some audio, some video (=dvd).

Toms Hardware recommends LG and Pionner - the first is the king of rippers about DVD, and one of the best - like pioneer - in audio grabbing.

Each one inspires me quality, their price is almost equal here in Portugal (129,9 for LG, 149,9 for pioneer OEM 106), but how can LG be so complete and so good :eek: are they trying to start a dvd recorders war ? :slight_smile:

Thanks from Portugal.

As allround drives, they both should be fine. If it were my choice, I’d really go for the Pioneer drive, as it writes at a very good quality, even on discs of a lesser quality.

For specified info, you could use our search, as there’s pretty much stuff avaiable, especially on the Pioneer drive. Just click the button and off you go!

BTW, you can always ask questions if you want to… :wink:

Originally posted by lrmmf
Hi,
Toms Hardware recommends LG and Pionner - the first is the king of rippers about DVD, and one of the best - like pioneer - in audio grabbing.
Thanks from Portugal.

One more thing though, LG 4040b can also burn DVD-RAM, and Pioneer does not. DVD-RAM is not very popular among DVD±R/RW users, but it is one super-giant floppy disk of 4.7 or 9.6GB.

Moreover, if you do decide to get a Panasonic DVD recorder later to record TV shows, it will record on DVD-RAM as well, which you can then transfer onto your computer hard disk for further editing (I think, I haven’t tried yet).